Tony G claims poker forum posters are nerds

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-1 of 1 total posts
136886 Nibs: 326
Posted on Oct 27th 2010  -  Subject: Tony G claims poker forum posters are nerds

Just days after Vanessa Rousso called posters on TwoPlusTwo "geeks," Tony G, the 36-year-old Australian poker player and entrepreneur claimed the popular forum was full of 'nerds'.

It came up as a result of a spat between Tony G, Daniel Negreanu and Andrew Robl, after they had words during and following a recent episode of the Pokerstars Big Game.

You can view that episode and others here - http://www.pokerstars.tv/poker-channel-221-the-big-game.html

The trio fell out after Tony G called time on Robl when he was just 30 seconds into a big hand against Kid Poker, which you can watch in full above.

"Thanks Daniel Negreanu for posting as well and just bending over for all the 2+2 nerds."

He denied he was a bully - despite his TV antics - and went on to claim he admires internet players.

"One thing I want to make very clear is that I never, never ever bullied anyone at school.

"TV poker is a game I have the passion to play - I try my best I am not trained and sometimes I make mistakes and go over the top.

"That is why I am the Tony G – no one else is ready to cross the line but I do it all the time.

"I don’t hate internet wizz kids, in fact I admire them and wish I could be one of them.

"Deep down I am just a kid (or now an old man) from the street but I made it in poker and in life so if a douche bag like me can make it it should give hope to everyone.

The bottom line is I have got the heart and commitment to the game and I love to play poker on TV and make a show."

Are You Poker Curious?
Displaying #1-1 of 1 total posts

header

[close]