Soi Nguyen wins his own FTOP hosted tournament

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-2 of 2 total posts
136886 Nibs: 326
Posted on Nov 17th 2010  -  Subject: Soi Nguyen wins his own FTOP hosted tournament

Soi Nguyen,37, was the only amateur at the the recent World Series of Poker Main Event final table.  He busted in 9th and earned $811,823.  He was one of the Full Tilt affiliate pros and was honored to host one of the current Full Tilt Online Poker Series (FTOPS) XVIII events.

The FTOPS EVENT #18 was a $207+$9 buy in No LImit Hold'em Rush Super Turbo.  Everyone started with 300 chips and the blinds increased rapidly.  A total of 1,841 players entered the tournament, including Soi Nguyen.

Amazingly, Soi Nguyen became a chip leader along the way and reached the final table as people kept dropping left and right.  In the end, Soi Nguyen won his own hosted tournament for $78,500. 

He joined Erick Lindgren and Greg Mueller as the only other Full Tilt pros to have ever won an FTOPS event they hosted.

Soi Nguyen works as a medical supplies distributor, but with his recent good fortune, he may be reconsidering that and start looking at poker as a full time vocation.

They are currently half way through the FTOPS series with 18 of 34 events complete.

Source: FTP

Are You Poker Curious?
135935 Nibs: 1,335
Posted on Nov 17th 2010  -  Subject: n
I think he was unlucky at the wsop final table, anyway winning a rush poker tournament is quite difficult cause you don´t know your opponents. I hope he reaches the level of S. Nguyen
I will be rich
Displaying #1-2 of 2 total posts

header

[close]