Soi Nguyen out in 9th at WSOP ME final table

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-1 of 1 total posts
136886 Nibs: 326
Posted on Nov 6th 2010  -  Subject: Soi Nguyen out in 9th at WSOP ME final table

Soi Nguyen, the only amateur player at this year's WSOP ME FT, was the first player to go out in ninth place.  He open shoved A,K and was called by Jason Senti's Q's which hit a set on the flop to hold up.  Soi collects over $800k for his finish and all the remaining players will make at least a million dollars. No massive moves have been made, except Jason Senti has doubled up essentially, and Michael Mizrachi has chipped up to around 18 million.

One interesting question has been answered. What would happen about players wearing patches. Full Tilt had previously locked up 7 of the 9 players, but WSOP rules only allowed three patches per poker room.  CardRunners, the top training site closely associated with Full Tilt was the beneficiary with John Racener, Filippo Candio and Matt Jarvis wearing their patches on the front of their hats.

As for the opening, UFC promoter Bruce Buffer handled the “Shuffle up and deal” promotions and the players entered the Penn and Teller Theater to their own intro music. Here’s a list of music that was selected:

Jason Senti – “This is the End” by Suburban Hero
Joseph Cheong – “In One Ear” by Cage the Elephant
John Dolan – “I Made It” by Kevin Rudolph
Michael Mizrachi -- “Out Here Grindin” by DJ Khaled
Matt Jarvis – “Feel It” by Three 6 Mafia
John Racener – “Forever” by Drake
Filippo Candio – “We No Speak Americano” by Yolanda Be Cool
Soi Nguyen – “All I Do Is Win” by DJ Khaled

Are You Poker Curious?
Displaying #1-1 of 1 total posts

header

[close]