Racener and Duhamel heads up on Monday for WSOP ME Title

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-1 of 1 total posts
136886 Nibs: 326
Posted on Nov 7th 2010  -  Subject: Racener and Duhamel heads up on Monday for WSOP ME Title

I left off news coverage last night after Michael Mizrachi lost his chip lead by making a poor call on John Racener's under the gun open shove with A,K. Mizrachi tanked and called his good friend's push with A,8 and lost the hand. He never fully recovered and went out in 5th when Mizrachi shoved his top pair on a flop into the slow played AA of Duhamel. Mizrachi won about $2.7 million for fifth.

Three hands later, the Italian Filippo Candio got his chips in with KQ, but couldn't get there against Joseph Cheong's A3. Candio had been the tightest player at the table, but shown a bluff or two too. He won just over $3 million for 4th.

Cheong and Duhamel had battled all night with Cheong putting in many three bets all evening.  This time was different. In Hand #213, 25 hands into the three-way play, a battle of the big-stacked blinds broke out.  Cheong opened the pot, and the betting action ended with him six-bet shoving all in with {a-Spades}{7-Hearts}. Duhamel probably didn't like the idea of playing a 180-million-chip pot, but he didn't waste any time calling with {q-Clubs}{q-Diamonds}, putting himself at risk in the process. There was no ace for Cheong, and he was crushed from 95 million all the way down to just ten. It was, as far as we can tell, the largest pot in the history of the WSOP!

Cheong was gone six hands later after his blow-up for more than $4 million.

That left the final two with Duhamel with a massive chip lead against the patient and cautious John Racener to play again Monday at 8 pm to play for $8.9 million first place prize and the 2010 WSOP Main Event gold bracelet.

Are You Poker Curious?
Displaying #1-1 of 1 total posts

header

[close]