World Poker Tour Okay With Poker Ban

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-5 of 5 total posts
65877 Nibs: 1,563
Posted on Oct 28th 2006  -  Subject: World Poker Tour Okay With Poker Ban
When the word got out that the US Senate had passed the bill supporting a ban on online poker, the poker industry was set back on its heels. As online poker rooms began to take action in reaction to the bill’s passing, even land-based poker events, such as the World Series of Poker and the World Poker Tour, had to be considering the effect this could have on their industry - or so you might think. In reality, the World Poker Tour has come out in support of Congress and their move, stating that Congress had always claimed that online poker was illegal, and that they had always acted accordingly. Indeed, their venture into the world of online poker has always been restricted for US players, so their announcement makes sense in that regard.
Mr Tovseth, Sweden.
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on Oct 29th 2006  -  Subject: got to play along
In my opinion it's a great move on part of W.P.T , even if U.S players had restrictions (i still see odd one on tables) they are giving themselves some protection and currying favour from the facsist regime in control, who knows what that administration will do next!!!!
65877 Nibs: 1,563
Posted on Oct 29th 2006
In my opinion it's a great move on part of W.P.T , even if U.S players had restrictions (i still see odd one on tables) they are giving themselves some protection and currying favour from the facsist regime in control, who knows what that administration will do next!!!! tx fore Ur coments...
Mr Tovseth, Sweden.
64802 Nibs: 1,476
Posted on Nov 21st 2006
i believe the WPT is doing such to cover their butts. a lot of money at stake there
those who never try, never succeed
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Nov 22nd 2006
I agree ... they're covering themselves ... but also there is a little bit of worry about the online poker sites having too much influence in the US ??? just a thought
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
Displaying #1-5 of 5 total posts

header

[close]