Will a pro ever win the WSOP Main Event again?

Rate this Topic

Displaying #16-26 of 26 total posts First Previous  1 2 
13455 Nibs: 2,244
Posted on Dec 26th 2006
I think you will see pro's win it once in a while but can you imagine someone winning two years in a row like doyle did?
ADAMRULZ
51227 Nibs: 1,850
Posted on Dec 27th 2006
Doyle winning two in a row was impressive but not the most impressive thing someone could do now a days at the Main Event (Doyle isn't the only pro who's won two or two in a row). Imagine someone now being able to win three Main Events in their poker career like Stu Ungar did. Another great accomplishment would be doing what Chan did when he won. Not only did he win two main events in a row but he was the runner up the year after!!!
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on Dec 29th 2006
I will definitly win it two times in a row in 2007 adn 2008
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Dec 31st 2006
Joe Hachem and Raymer were already Pros before their big win! The real question is do you think a total donk like Moneymaker or Varkony will win the WSOP again^ KJ
Posted on Jan 1st 2007
I guess the pro players that I was referring to were the top of the top as far as talent goes. Players like Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreneau (sp?), Phil Helmuth Jr., Allen Cunningham (he came very close), and Erik Seidel just to name some. I know that some people will say that players like that are just more well known then guys like Raymer or Hachem were before they won. However I think their accomphishments over their careers would show that they are the "elite" pros out there.
64802 Nibs: 1,476
Posted on Jan 3rd 2007
only time will tell
those who never try, never succeed
Posted on Jan 5th 2007
I guess the pro players that I was referring to were the top of the top as far as talent goes. Players like Phil Ivey, Daniel Negreneau (sp?), Phil Helmuth Jr., Allen Cunningham (he came very close), and Erik Seidel just to name some. I know that some people will say that players like that are just more well known then guys like Raymer or Hachem were before they won. However I think their accomphishments over their careers would show that they are the "elite" pros out there. You are right,,, Hachem and Raymer are top pros... The only downside with Raymer is that he's really overagressive! its really easy for other to playr to catch him on a bluff if they are patient enough to set him up. To answer your question... I really think a wellknown top pro will win the WSOP again in a near future... especialy if the fileds get a little smaller. KJ
6805 Nibs: 4,552
Posted on Jan 5th 2007
I think it will happen again but it may not be a well known pro.
Posted on Jan 9th 2007
I think it was already brought up in this subject (I'm too tired at the moment to go and look) but does anyone think a woman will win any time soon? I know that there are women who play in the main event that are capable of winning it but the field of women is just so small right now compared to the men. I guess one day when there are more women to men, then it will be more of a possibility. I just don't know for sure if it would happen any time soon until that day comes.
Posted on Jan 9th 2007
I think it was already brought up in this subject (I'm too tired at the moment to go and look) but does anyone think a woman will win any time soon? I know that there are women who play in the main event that are capable of winning it but the field of women is just so small right now compared to the men. I guess one day when there are more women to men, then it will be more of a possibility. I just don't know for sure if it would happen any time soon until that day comes. I really think a woman will win one day.... a lot of woman are really tough poker player!!!! The only problem is that they represent less than 1% of the field. One day one of them will pop up, but it can take really long! KJ
65556 Nibs: 780
Posted on Jan 10th 2007
Whoever gets the luckiest is who will win.
-Charlie
Displaying #16-26 of 26 total posts First Previous  1 2 

header

[close]