USA Not allowed?

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 16 total posts  1 2  Next Last
43237 Nibs: 1,668
Posted on Oct 17th 2006  -  Subject: USA Not allowed?
not so good on the subject, what is the new LAW in usa about really??
Big winnings is BIG losses
38524 Nibs: 582
Posted on Oct 18th 2006
It basically says that you can't use American-based banks, credit card companies, third party money services, and such to place wagers or bets with offshore gaming companies. If you do, you may face a fineor jail time. It doesn't make it illegal to play, just how you transfer the money.
"I guess if luck wasn't involved I'd win every one". Phil Hellmuth
65797 Nibs: 256
Posted on Oct 18th 2006  -  Subject: Your Quote
Your quote is harlarious, it is soooooo freakin funny to watch him whine. Especially when he screws up and can't admit it.
Hey, whats that watermelon doing there?
15265 Nibs: 2,235
Posted on Oct 20th 2006
wow that is crazy what thay are doing the the US, i am so glad i live in canada..... hummm thay better not be next... LOLOL
have fun and play POKER
33176 Nibs: 518
Posted on Oct 20th 2006  -  Subject: get involved
For more information about how you can get involved visit www.pokerplayersalliance.org They have built a great deal of support for the continuation of online poker in the United States.
Twanky4Life
58946 Nibs: 602
Posted on Oct 22nd 2006
This is very bad for USA players :(
SOT TEAM IS THE BEST!!!!!
30 Nibs: 7,692
Posted on Oct 22nd 2006

PokerInside is looking after the best interest of USA Players as well, we are all one team of players that love online poker. We are working on solutions for USA members.. PokerInside WILL provide value to USA players in many ways. Please bare with us while we make it happen. We will keep all members updated when we have news to report. In regards to the Rakeback link there was a link to the formal letter that was explaining to members the reasoning. Also, there was no point in getting rid of it because we were having a site upgrade. Thanks!

66004 Nibs: 160
Posted on Oct 22nd 2006
Does anyone know how this new law actually works? Can the US still gamble online through CD Poker? This * The government is always trying to make things difficult
~Jen~
29660 Nibs: 23,624
Posted on Oct 26th 2006
I thought the States was a "free" country,now there telling you"s what to do with your money in the privacy of your own home.I live in canada where they try stupid stuff all the time..our motto now is "you cant smoke a fag...but you can marry one"!
Terry Ebare
62365 Nibs: 565
Posted on Oct 28th 2006
It basically says that you can't use American-based banks, credit card companies, third party money services, and such to place wagers or bets with offshore gaming companies. If you do, you may face a fineor jail time. It doesn't make it illegal to play, just how you transfer the money. When And Why???? Curious Aussie???
Take It easy :))
41290 Nibs: 1,230
Posted on Oct 31st 2006
There are still a couple of other places were you can still play I've heard. Dont know which ones yet, happy hunting americans.
Jonathan "Kaki" Torres
50745 Nibs: 164
Posted on Nov 1st 2006
it all sucks who cares how much people gamble and where they live what happened 2 the right 4 independents eh?im canadian and live in canada and i got booted from a wack of sites cause my sevice provider main ip address is in states so stupid eh i hpoe they fix this non sense soon!
canadianeh30
41290 Nibs: 1,230
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006
The peolple at PI should inform us better of whats happening and what they are trying to do. You know just to show us that they care.
Jonathan "Kaki" Torres
18128 Nibs: 1,346
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006
Stimulate live-poker ..... and fight online-poker ..... strange policy!?!?!? GL AT THE TABLE
Limit is a science, No-Limit is an art.
38524 Nibs: 582
Posted on Nov 4th 2006
It basically says that you can't use American-based banks, credit card companies, third party money services, and such to place wagers or bets with offshore gaming companies. If you do, you may face a fineor jail time. It doesn't make it illegal to play, just how you transfer the money. When And Why???? Curious Aussie??? I think there's about six months until the law will be in effect, and then everything should be clearly defined. As far as why, well, not exactly sure, but here's what I think: Gaming laws in the U.S. are tight. In the areas of the country where gambling is allowed, the law states that all bets or wagers made must be placed on the property of the institution hosting the game or betting. Therefore, online poker does not follow this law. The other reason is that the U.S. has realized that there's a ton of money floating in and out of the hands of it's citizens, and no taxes are being paid on it. If the guys in the Whitehouse can figure out how to tax it while staying inside their own tax laws, then it may become legal. I've only done a small amount of research, but that's all I can come up with.
"I guess if luck wasn't involved I'd win every one". Phil Hellmuth
Displaying #1-15 of 16 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]