THE EFFECT OF FREEROLLS

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-12 of 12 total posts
94832 Nibs: 720
Posted on Aug 28th 2008  -  Subject: THE EFFECT OF FREEROLLS
I recently have come to the understanding that in freerolls or low limit tables you sometimes have to play a little loose and stupid just to see how the other half live. Because an unfortunate side effect of playing great poker, is that you are only on the losing end of badbeats, and the such. Usually it balances out but some weeks i have ridicouloulsy bad luck and have to wonder what the hell is really going on, it is at this point that i realize i have to loosen up for a while, maybe even lose a little money to remind myself that these donks, fish and luckboxes arent really winning but in fact just providing frustration on the way to going broke themselves.
nhan nguyen
80707 Nibs: 4,381
Posted on Aug 28th 2008
If you are playing great poker you should be able to read what kind of hand your opponents have and sometimes you must laydown better hands to bluffs and draws.  Going all-in with QQ or KK isn't playing great poker thats paying your money and taking your chances, yes you'll be ahead many if not most times, but you have taken away any future play by being all in.(not saying that you do this) Must be able to think of what kind of draws you are behind to.  
ciao for now
94533 Nibs: 663
Posted on Aug 28th 2008  -  Subject: re
I like playing loose in freerolls.. but it doesnt get me the best results, however when im going to try and stay focused for hours on end, id rather play for some moneyin freerolls i make the moves i wont or cant make in realmoney games
River me!
30526 Nibs: 858
Posted on Sep 12th 2008
Absolutely agree, having played all-in everyhand and won as the underdog every single time I was called till I had enough chips for the final table then blown it in about 10 hands by playing fast and loose I came to understand exactly why being a luck box actually sucks the proverbial unwashed testicular sack and its binumerous contents. But it was fun while it lasted...
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= 'Poker, I joined this forum to pick up chicks'
92606 Nibs: 2,220
Posted on Sep 19th 2008
you cna have at begin KK or QQ ...and someone have into hius hand 67 ...and he have 50 % chance to win....because you don't know what cards will come ....you must to wait the flop and then to raise ..or to put all in....don't do it from begin...this is the poker some time you win and some time you lose.... :)
D3JaVu
71715 Nibs: 5,876
Posted on Sep 22nd 2008
I found that pocket pairs win only approx 50% of time. Thats why the initial bet should be higher than normal to get rid of people with low cards limping in with blinds
a
96051 Nibs: 964
Posted on Sep 23rd 2008  -  Subject: i agree
I agree with cpr most off the time pocket pairs stay above other average hands u could 3 bet it preflop an take a look at the flop against other players , if u hit u can set a trap or bet in to it to take a look what hand ur opponent have's , and if u are really sure off ur pocket pair when hitting the nuts u can go all in or set the trap.. so it depends on community cards if u win or not .. in freerolls i go all in with pocket pairs above 10 10 cause most off the time they will call to try there luck if u dont hit its bad luck if u hit ur a winner ...greetz live
just beat me and u can beat the rest ;)
50043 Nibs: 1,219
Posted on Oct 18th 2008  -  Subject: Bad Beats
I understand what the folks are saying about sometimes laying down pocket pairs. The other night I had pocket aces with three sixes on the board(nice full house) only to be beat by four sixes. Thats what can happen going "all in" with a pocket pair of aces.
one never knows,do one
90649 Nibs: 947
Posted on Oct 20th 2008
I like playing loose in freerolls.. but it doesnt get me the best results, however when im going to try and stay focused for hours on end, id rather play for some moneyin freerolls i make the moves i wont or cant make in realmoney gamesplay loose on freerol  ------- game btw mass coin flip its bad vs fish ........ lucky and you eluminated
85892 Nibs: 753
Posted on Oct 30th 2008
i alway getfinal table on freerolls, but.. Why? why i always lost on partypoker and Ipoker network? why?   j-j  agains 6-6  lost for a FLUSH on 6-6   why? i always lost with a-k a-q a-t a-j againts2-3 5-6 8-6  9-9?   on REAL MONEY i am SCARED     why???????????///
94020 Nibs: 974
Posted on Oct 30th 2008
Sometimes is good to play loose,but sometimes is bad and in frerolls where are many fishes is hard to read your opponents cause they play everything
Eco
98882 Nibs: 2,341
Posted on Nov 6th 2008
Frerolls can be good for teach this game , they are exhousted . I play often in freerolls , once 4 hours play and 11 place gain , i was really tired and stressed but it's good feeling sometimes needed
Kalafon
Displaying #1-12 of 12 total posts

header

[close]