The Dark Side Of Poker............

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-5 of 5 total posts
45644 Nibs: 1,488
Posted on Nov 28th 2008  -  Subject: The Dark Side Of Poker............
We've all been there....  we've all griped about it on theses forums...... we all have our own stories to tell........... There are times when the poker gods take their own vengeance out on us mere poker mortals. You have a handful of outs, excellent pot odds, good position and you've caught the all-in donkey with a monster hand.........but NO, you're now seeing your monster hand RIPPED apart by a 10,6 os. The dealer, the site, the poker gods even lady luck have taken to kick you repetitively in the boll**x. They've dealt their wicked game and (whilst sitting back and laughing at you!!!!) have given the donkey all the carrots they need to win this race! These are the times we delve into......... 'The Dark Side Of Poker' Is it really worth it? Were my 3hrs of time, 2 re-buys and solid play worth the fist mark in the comp screen, cat kicked across the patio, kids happy to go to bed at 6??  Was my play wrong?  Am i playing at the wrong level?  WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG!!!!!   Share it all here... This IS the dark side of poker. All of the conspiracy theories, coersion, everyones out to get you.......... IT'S ALL TRUE!!!!     Let it all out here, we hear the voices too.   Share your 'Dark Side Of Poker'
To learn from our mistakes, we must first make a mistake
11610 Nibs: 1,667
Posted on Dec 9th 2008
So true expecially the kids going to bed at 6pm then 20minutes later your out. What about the tournaments that you need to get up at 3 in the morning, you play for an hour, playing really well, hit trips play right down to the river and a knob jockey with 5 7  off suit hits a gut shot straight. Do you want me to go on. I can be here all day but I think I might get more out of writing it all down in a new poker book.
luvgun79
99358 Nibs: 933
Posted on Dec 9th 2008
yeah ive had my fair share of the dark side too about 6 months after i started playing  poker i was playing mostly tourneys at paradise one week i decided i was going to play in the big sunday tourney  $300+30 buy in a full weeks wages at the time the first hour no trouble took it steady got my double up looking good at the break then the very next hand i got dealt 99 on thebb couple of limpers i decide to check it flop comes 99and 1 other card i forget what it was im thinking omg i got this hand won i check it some guy goes all in i think great call him he turns over kk    then the turn drops k  im thinking at this point theres no way another is coming and it f %$king did i sat there totally stunned as every1  and i mean every1 on the table said nh or vnh the way i see this is he had about a 20 to 1 shot hitting the 1st king and a 40 to 1 shot of hitting the 2nd thats over an 800 to 1 shot by my calculations can any1 else tell me if theve had a hand that bad ive only ever seen this situation 1 time and i was on the recieving end
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Feb 25th 2009  -  Subject: everyones out to get you...
We've all been there....  we've all griped about it on theses forums...... we all have our own stories to tell........... There are times when the poker gods take their own vengeance out on us mere poker mortals. You have a handful of outs, excellent pot odds, good position and you've caught the all-in donkey with a monster hand.........but NO, you're now seeing your monster hand RIPPED apart by a 10,6 os. The dealer, the site, the poker gods even lady luck have taken to kick you repetitively in the boll**x. They've dealt their wicked game and (whilst sitting back and laughing at you!!!!) have given the donkey all the carrots they need to win this race! These are the times we delve into......... 'The Dark Side Of Poker' Is it really worth it? Were my 3hrs of time, 2 re-buys and solid play worth the fist mark in the comp screen, cat kicked across the patio, kids happy to go to bed at 6??  Was my play wrong?  Am i playing at the wrong level?  WHERE DID IT ALL GO WRONG!!!!!   Share it all here... This IS the dark side of poker. All of the conspiracy theories, coersion, everyones out to get you.......... IT'S ALL TRUE!!!!     Let it all out here, we hear the voices too.   Share your 'Dark Side Of Poker'LOL everyones out to get you... You almost sound like Phil Hellmuth when he looses.
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
91295 Nibs: 3,269
Posted on Mar 15th 2009
Hello !!! Yes this is happening but when you win a substantial amount you forget all about it. Have a good week all.
*Edited, no links to other website with affiliates links on it please*
Displaying #1-5 of 5 total posts

header

[close]