Sit outs in Betmost Poker Freerolls

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-9 of 9 total posts
16787 Nibs: 1,381
Posted on Jul 20th 2008  -  Subject: Sit outs in Betmost Poker Freerolls
Hi to all, Its about time Betmost and Pokerinside done some about the amount of sitouts in Freerolls. This morning in the Pokerinside $500 0100 I was one of only 3 players who was not sat out on my table at the start of the tourney, over the next hour I was moved to 4 different tables, the last 2 tables there was only 1 other player who was playing, this is not the first time I've had this and its even worse on the midweek tourney, I had no chance of building my chips, after the first hour chip leader had about 26000, I still had 1900, bearing in mind starting chips was only 1000. Betmost and Pokerinside must do something about this problem, I am not the only one who is not happy with this, we are here to play poker, Absolute Poker and Ultimate Poker REMOVE players who are absent or sat out after the 1st level change, something like this would definatley please me and other pokerinside members, look forward to reading all your replys
Felichi68
69771 Nibs: 2,248
Posted on Jul 24th 2008
i sorta like the sitouts...the odds are better of placing in the money
I talk so much everyone stopped listening a long time ago
16787 Nibs: 1,381
Posted on Jul 24th 2008
I thought poker was about playing cards against other people not sit outs, how are you meant to improve your game, you cant against sit outs.
Felichi68
91893 Nibs: 1,165
Posted on Jul 24th 2008
played at 2 tables... in wich i was the only one playng
flop
94456 Nibs: 879
Posted on Jul 31st 2008  -  Subject: Somethings never change
Hi @ll, yesterday night (Germany 2:00 AM) I played the gambler-freeroll and had the same prob ... I wrote a blog of it, you may read at:http://www.pokerinside.com/blog_posts/how-much-i-hate-those-sitouters-1656.html There I made some different proposals how to get those sitouters out of the tourneys by rules! It's really not funny to keep your next day workfree, because you want to play the community-tourney in the middle of the night, and than you have to play 40 mins against two other hands with rest sitouters all the time!!! It's simple unfair to those who want to play real poker! cu @ the tables - gl 4 @ll voatanas
I love the challenge - that's why i like to play MTT
80707 Nibs: 4,381
Posted on Jul 31st 2008
They are a pain yes but are they any worse than they all in donks who play any two to bust up your good hands?  The real problem of the sitout is not that they are sitting out, but rather the number of players that sit out.  And being at a table with 1 player can be better that a table with 5 or 6, as many times when a player is knocked, they are replaced by a sitout, often giving 1 player a big chip advantage. One time I was playing one of our freerolls, I saw an entire table of sitouts, was almost an hour in and everyone still had all of their starting chips.  
ciao for now
Posted on Jul 31st 2008
They are a pain yes but are they any worse than they all in donks who play any two to bust up your good hands?  The real problem of the sitout is not that they are sitting out, but rather the number of players that sit out.  And being at a table with 1 player can be better that a table with 5 or 6, as many times when a player is knocked, they are replaced by a sitout, often giving 1 player a big chip advantage. One time I was playing one of our freerolls, I saw an entire table of sitouts, was almost an hour in and everyone still had all of their starting chips.   did u ever count odds - outs & handouts??? How to play any strategy with more than 70% sitouters??? u are foolish The sitouters get better positions because they sitout the "storm" - the players who really play are the real loosers!" So why don't we all sit out next tourney and let the button decide who wins that game??? I think after 36 hrs should a winner be found!!!
Posted on Aug 2nd 2008
How I told - I have written a blog to this theme ... - also I wrote to the feedback-team and got the following answer:" Hi,Players that are sitting out are losing their blinds to you. The more that are sitting out, the better your chances of winning. I understand it can be frustrating, but players are entitled to do this. Most register and are unable to play. Some people believe this is a good strategy, which clearly it is not. Please let me know if you ever have any questions!" My meaning to this comment u can find in my new blog: SITOUTS The 2ndPhase"! Please read and let me know ur oppinion!
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Aug 6th 2008  -  Subject: Sitouts
I actually have to say that PI and Betmost have changed things around a bit to try and reduce the number of sitouts... I recall last year that you could register up to a week in advance of the tournament instead of a couple of days and that used to cause a lot of grief. The system now is a lot better than what it used to be and the sitouts are normally gone shortly after the first break anyway as the blinds are quite big by then. Have a little patience and try and deal to the couple of people on your table ... if you can't beat them, then you certainly wont get far against a full table. Good Luck
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
Displaying #1-9 of 9 total posts

header

[close]