Poker Brainteasers to Ponder

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-5 of 5 total posts
49357 Nibs: 5,464
Posted on Oct 24th 2006  -  Subject: Poker Brainteasers to Ponder
Here are a few situational questions about hold'em hands. 1. Here's an easy one: Can you flop a full house against one opponent and have no chance of winning or splitting? 2. What is the worst possible hand you can have on the river and have the nuts? Specify all five cards. Give them a shot and I will be back to post the Answers!
They say if you can't spot the sucker within 30 minutes, you're it. I saw 9 of them the second I sat down. -Vaughn
58946 Nibs: 602
Posted on Oct 25th 2006
1.When you flop full with for example you have 33 flop is 344.You have full other person have 44.No way to win or split
SOT TEAM IS THE BEST!!!!!
64495 Nibs: 486
Posted on Oct 28th 2006
well the first one is easy and they guy above here got it of course but to be hoest im scratching my head here and can't get the answer to the second question............. is it having AA when theres 4 of a kind on the board? post the answer up soon.
Posted on Oct 30th 2006  -  Subject: Guess I'll have to give you guys the Answers!
1. If you have pocket deuces, your opponent has either 3-3 or 3-2, and the flop comes 3-3-2, you can't win. In fact, if you have any pair smaller than aces and the flop gives you a fullhouse by bringing you the third of your pair plus a higher pair, and your opponent has either the remaining member of your rank and one card to match the higher pair or a pocket pair of the rank of the flopped pair, your'e drawing completely dead. So, for example, your pocket kings with a flop of A-A-K against either A-K or A-A also has you dead in the water. 2. The worst possible hand you can have on the river and still have the nuts is Q-Q with a board such as Q-8-7-3-2 rainbow. No worse hand then a set of queens works, because you can't then specify a board that wouldn't permit someone to have a straight or better. If you have J-J with a jack on board, for example the four non-jacks could not include a card higher than a jack, because that would give anyone with that pocket pair a higher set, thus the other four cards must be smaller than a jack. And that necessitates some three-card combination that would give someone with the right hole cards a straight or better.
They say if you can't spot the sucker within 30 minutes, you're it. I saw 9 of them the second I sat down. -Vaughn
Posted on Oct 30th 2006  -  Subject: Couldn't even get number 2 GL w/this one.
Even tougher one: What is the minimum number of hands such that atleast one of them has no pot equity? This is, such that one can not win or tie (including board ties). Specify the hands. Related to the question, what is the maximum number among the group that can have no pot equity?
Displaying #1-5 of 5 total posts

header

[close]