Poker Book Reviews

Rate this Topic

Displaying #16-25 of 25 total posts First Previous  1 2 
70192 Nibs: 13,211
Posted on Sep 6th 2008
it can helps to read a pokerbook for your skill.
97221 Nibs: 940
Posted on Sep 29th 2008  -  Subject: www.thepokerbay.org
There you´ll find a lot of contents!!
11610 Nibs: 1,667
Posted on Dec 9th 2008
My opinion if anyone cares, the best way to learn is to play on a lot of different types of tables with different opponents. Look at how people react, watch and learn how to read players. The best hand doesn't always win.
luvgun79
11992 Nibs: 75,250
Posted on Dec 17th 2008
Guess the guy who started this is to busy reading to give us any reviews.  At least Dingus made an attempt, even though it reads like a cut and paste job.  I dont' have time to go through a chapter by chapter review of each book. Apologies if it isnt' up to your standards Taxitas.   If anyone wants more information on a particular book I would be more than happy to post a few more in depth comments and give a few highlights from the book.
It's easier to fish if you're the one casting the reel.
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Mar 18th 2009  -  Subject: Brunson
I posted 7 right above you. Have any specific questions, feel free to ask.And what about the book of Doyle Brunson Dingus? I heard it's the best book about the topic of bluffing at the time and what players would've know about that. it's the almost most important aspect of the game which any good player must master will they make consistence profits overall...
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
88980 Nibs: 17,594
Posted on Apr 28th 2009
in my local bookstore i found two books about poker...the first one is writen by ed miller,david sklansky and mason malamuth...and the 2nd is by michael craig...does anybody have some experience with theese writers?
Posted on May 21st 2009
I posted 7 right above you. Have any specific questions, feel free to ask.And what about the book of Doyle Brunson Dingus? I heard it's the best book about the topic of bluffing at the time and what players would've know about that. it's the almost most important aspect of the game which any good player must master will they make consistence profits overall...I haven't read Doyle's book. Should I decide to do so in the near future, I will be sure to post my thoughts.
Posted on May 21st 2009
in my local bookstore i found two books about poker...the first one is writen by ed miller,david sklansky and mason malamuth...and the 2nd is by michael craig...does anybody have some experience with theese writers?Any Sklansky book is going to be highly theory and number based. Something that many beginners may find overwhelming. That being said, the fundamentals that he discusses are important to all aspects of poker. Just make sure that if you are a NL player, you don't by his first book on holdem, its highly limit based. The Theory of Poker by Sklansky is quite good.
Posted on May 21st 2009
The Full Tilt Poker Strategy Guide: Tournament Edition   I 'm not going to go into great depth, but this books provides some pretty phenomenal insight into the strategies that many pros use when playing in tournaments. These are quite applicable to cash games as well and certainly give a different outlook to how one can approach the game in general. Although the book focuses mainly on Holdem, Omaha, Omaha HL, Razz, Stud and Stud HL are also covered. If you are looking for a book that is just a good read in general, I suggest picking this one up.
109766 Nibs: 660
Posted on May 30th 2009  -  Subject: good...
i like It !!! good  ideia..guys...
Visity My blog at:http://pokerfoldadonkey.blogspot.com/
Displaying #16-25 of 25 total posts First Previous  1 2 

header

[close]