Online Poker Room Says "Wait and See"

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-5 of 5 total posts
65877 Nibs: 1,563
Posted on Oct 28th 2006  -  Subject: Online Poker Room Says "Wait and See"
With the new developments coming out of the US Senate recently regarding the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, many online poker rooms are all set to jump ship in the US if President Bush signs the bill into law. One by one the rooms are making official announcements about how they will act if the law goes into effect, and * recent addition calls for no action. Stating that they will "closely monitor developments of the proposed amendments to U.S. legislation" the online poker room essentially tells its members that they will know what * is going to do just as soon as * figures it out.
Mr Tovseth, Sweden.
65877 Nibs: 1,563
Posted on Oct 29th 2006
With the new developments coming out of the US Senate recently regarding the Unlawful Internet Gambling Enforcement Act, many online poker rooms are all set to jump ship in the US if President Bush signs the bill into law. One by one the rooms are making official announcements about how they will act if the law goes into effect, and * recent addition calls for no action. Stating that they will "closely monitor developments of the proposed amendments to U.S. legislation" the online poker room essentially tells its members that they will know what * is going to do just as soon as * figures it out. NO COMENTS ?
Mr Tovseth, Sweden.
38524 Nibs: 582
Posted on Nov 4th 2006
I think this will set things back, but after everything settles, somehow we will be able to play legally. It may take some time, but the poker boom is just way too big for the government to ban. There is a lot of money that the government can make on it. Right now, though, with the online gambling, the government can't make any money on it because they're limited by their own tax laws and limitations. I think this ban will go through some phases of change, but eventually we will be able to play again. But like you said, we just have to wait and see. Plus, I have been wrong before.
"I guess if luck wasn't involved I'd win every one". Phil Hellmuth
64331 Nibs: 1,002
Posted on Nov 4th 2006
Wait and See
======================= Famous Poker Game Winner
49357 Nibs: 5,464
Posted on Nov 7th 2006
Lou Krieger, respected poker player and author writes, "UIGEA does not criminalize players for gambling online. Instead, it penalizes financial institutions such as banks, credit card companies and financial intermediaries that process bets."
They say if you can't spot the sucker within 30 minutes, you're it. I saw 9 of them the second I sat down. -Vaughn
Displaying #1-5 of 5 total posts

header

[close]