I have become afraid to play any hand!!!

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-14 of 14 total posts
77190 Nibs: 10,177
Posted on Mar 4th 2009  -  Subject: I have become afraid to play any hand!!!
I have become afraid to play any hand online, (ex: my AQ almost always runs into an AK, or everyone folds) No profit My KKalways has a douchebag calling with A2 and hitting his A. My AA always had a Magical master who can see my hand calling with 56s....or everyone folds.... So all my hands never get paid off adequately....or lose big....      
http://ligitpoker.com http://wehelpu.ca http://wehelpu.us
72582 Nibs: 8,059
Posted on Mar 4th 2009  -  Subject: I have become afraid to play any hand!!!
lol im the same as you ,i always get beat on AA i dont bet big on them now
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Mar 4th 2009  -  Subject: same here
LOL, same here. I don't loose often with AA but i get no callers. And my KK always meets an A on the board for a big loss or is folded around. My AK.. i'm starting to hate!
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
100779 Nibs: 2,364
Posted on Mar 5th 2009
That was just a bad period, it will end on one day for sure. Be patient with them before they will start to win.
The real railbirds poker team
84935 Nibs: 599
Posted on Mar 7th 2009  -  Subject: afraid
don,t be afraid because ur opponement! just play ur cards to win!don,t show them urafraid:)good luck
devilish eyes are watching you!!!
11992 Nibs: 75,250
Posted on Mar 8th 2009
If you find yourself in a position where you are afraid to play a hand, it can be derived from 2 possible issues. 1) You are playing in a game, where the skill level is too high for you to be profitable. 2) You don't have a bankroll large enough to handle losing multiple buyins.   Fearing that you may run into a better hand should never be a concern, because it is bound to happen, and often. If you have a bankroll that is large enough to sustain taking a beat, then you will never be afraid to play your hand the way you should. If you are in a game that is beatable, and you feel confident that you can outplay your opponents, then you will never be afraid to lose. Bankroll is by far the biggest factor in fear. Scared money never wins in the long run. You can' t be afraid to lose. Right now I'm sitting on a banrkoll of 90 buyins for my current level of pot limit omaha high low, and I won't move up to full buyins at the next level (I allow myself to sit with a 60% stack at the higher level from time to time) until I have 60. I never have to worry about losing a buyin or two, because I'm never in jeopardy of losing my entire bankroll. Makes decisions a lot easier when the money doesn't matter.
It's easier to fish if you're the one casting the reel.
11992 Nibs: 75,250
Posted on Mar 8th 2009
Just to clarify.... I keep a roll that large due to the fact that I am generally playing 10 tables at a time.   If you were one tabling, 20 buyins would be adequate. If you play 4 tables or more, I suggest a minimum of 40 buyins for PL or NL games.
It's easier to fish if you're the one casting the reel.
111258 Nibs: 1,665
Posted on Sep 15th 2009  -  Subject: reply
I have become afraid to play any hand online, (ex: my AQ almost always runs into an AK, or everyone folds) No profit My KKalways has a douchebag calling with A2 and hitting his A. My AA always had a Magical master who can see my hand calling with 56s....or everyone folds.... So all my hands never get paid off adequately....or lose big....      mate i know exactly what you mean here is a clasic  ive just not 5 mins ago played this hand at fulltilt  i have qq so i raize pre flop to 300 the blinds  are 10/20 second hand delt in the tourney every one folds except 1 guy im called the flop is 6 9 7 so i bet 300 more hes allin now you may think why call he could have high pockets or a/9 as ive raize pre flop and hes called so i like the odds i call hes got 5/8 i mean why call a large raize preflop with 5/8 two hands into a tourney with 5/8 you may as well give your chips away. no this guys got his straight, i find it even odder that he was the only caller and he hit with a crap hand its no joke this game costs alot of money to play the hours i play. no one is playing poker its bingo or lottery.you  cant bet so you cant win or you get had to  hands that should not even be in a pot. you have no chance it has to be fixed
60985 Nibs: 617
Posted on Oct 1st 2009
    I find early in a tournment its never wise to go all in with AA b/c there is always going to a maniac ready to call you down with some   ridiculous hand he/or she has no business calling with. Instead raise and play accordingly.
118622 Nibs: 260
Posted on Oct 26th 2009
you just have to wait and play it different. like wait dont bet big or at all, just wait for jim to catch something. its all about pation.
116643 Nibs: 968
Posted on Oct 27th 2009
I have same. I lose whith any hand. AA or KK its just terable.
NEver say NEVER!
64155 Nibs: 1,288
Posted on Nov 8th 2009
If you find yourself in a position where you are afraid to play a hand, it can be derived from 2 possible issues. 1) You are playing in a game, where the skill level is too high for you to be profitable. 2) You don't have a bankroll large enough to handle losing multiple buyins.   Fearing that you may run into a better hand should never be a concern, because it is bound to happen, and often. If you have a bankroll that is large enough to sustain taking a beat, then you will never be afraid to play your hand the way you should. If you are in a game that is beatable, and you feel confident that you can outplay your opponents, then you will never be afraid to lose. Bankroll is by far the biggest factor in fear. Scared money never wins in the long run. You can' t be afraid to lose. Right now I'm sitting on a banrkoll of 90 buyins for my current level of pot limit omaha high low, and I won't move up to full buyins at the next level (I allow myself to sit with a 60% stack at the higher level from time to time) until I have 60. I never have to worry about losing a buyin or two, because I'm never in jeopardy of losing my entire bankroll. Makes decisions a lot easier when the money doesn't matter.I would had :   3- You are playing in a game where there is a lot of fish/donk and they will call with any hand and suckout 3/4 of the time...
See you at the tables and... good luck :)
119455 Nibs: 202
Posted on Nov 10th 2009
yeah, this is a bad period, wil pass
121863 Nibs: 370
Posted on Dec 20th 2009
play it more passive and when you win sometimes in a row than become more agressive
Displaying #1-14 of 14 total posts

header

[close]