How to make money on microlimits [Article]

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-14 of 14 total posts
97356 Nibs: 408
Posted on Sep 15th 2008  -  Subject: How to make money on microlimits [Article]
Hi guys, im new to this poker community, and wanted to stard a good first-impression with starting to write an article about how you can easy win at micro limits. With micro limits i mean from Nl4 all the way up to NL25 (0.02/0.04, 0.05/0.10, 0.10/0.25) I would love to get some feedback, eighter way its posistive or negativ. I take critic as a good thing Ok, lets get it going...  The first thing I am going to talk about is the: Pre-flop game I think the pre-flop game in microlimits its the key to sucsess of making money. Its like Phil Ivey says; He dont play his same game everytime, but he adjust his game after how his oppenents play. If they play tight, you will be playing agressiv, and if they play agressiv, you will be playing tight and lean back in the chair waiting for those cards. On the microlimits (AT LEAST UP TO NL10) i think maybe more then 80% of the players is playing over agressiv. They play alot of unneccesary hands in unneccesary posisons. This is why you just should lean back in your chair and wait for good hands. I would admit that you play more then 1 table at the microlimits, cus you will play tight and it wont be that much action all the time. If yoare just to multitabling, try 3-4, if not try to 2-tabling. Slowplaying good hands in posison I have myself experienced that low-limits donks try very often to bluff at the most potts (whatever the potsize is). To take the maximum advantage if this  i will recomend that you slowplaying very good hands, when there's not any dangerous flop. Dont slowplay in multiway pots eighter. An example of a slowplaying scenario at a NL10 6max table: You are on the dealer button. SB Folds, BB raises to 0.30$ and its folded around to you. You look down at your cards and you see pocket rockets; AA! You have noticed that this guy have played ALOT of hands preflop (at least 8/10). Derfor you will put in a raise, 3 times his to 0.90$. Your oppenent calls. The flop is A74 rainbow. Better flop than this you cant expect. Your oppenent bets out 1.20$, you can assume he is bluffing, so you dont want to scare him away - We are just calling. The turn is a deuce, or we could also called it a blank. No way that card helped him. You oppenent bets out 3$ and has around his half stack in the middle of the table. If he bluffed the flop, he must also be bluffing now, cause its not likly that the deuce would help him, so we just call again and hope we get the rest of his stack. River is a king, and he pushes. You instacall and wins against his Q3off suited Play ABC-poker With this i mean that you shouldnt do any tricky play at this limits. Some of the dumbest things you can do at microlimits is to bluff to represent a hand that is ten times stronger then you hand you actually have. Let me do one thing clear; PEOPLE AT MICROSTAKES DOSN'T THINK! - Dont take me on my word here,  you will find a lot of microstakes players that are good, but you got the point. If your oppenent calls you down with A high, lowest pair or something, you have no one to play then your self. Your table-image No that i have said you should be playing tight, tight, tight on microlimits, you probaly think now: Dosnt my oppenents pick up on this, and will fold when i get a premium hand and raise it? And you starting to feel you should variate your play. THE MOST micro limits players DONT ACTUALLY picl up on this, they are much more interessted in their own game. If you have done a good table-selection you shouldnt be afraid of getting a "nit-note" Bankroll Managament * you say? Believe me or not, but this is the most importan thing if you want to start making money on the internet. You may think your one one the worlds best players cause you trippled you bankroll to 50$-150$ on pokerstars in less then one hour? Your not alone, but suddenly a guy called Mr. Varians knocking on your door, and you WILL loose all your money if your still taking shots at way to high limits! I recomend that you at LEAST have 20-30 Buy ins in microlimits (Or to be realy safe take 30-50 buy ins) But lets say you take 20 buyins u need: 80$ to play NL4 200$ to play NL10 500$ to play NL25. I know this sounds much for you, it sounds much for me to, but believe me - its worth it. That was all, sorry for my bad english. Hoped you learned something from this smmathi :)  
1884 Nibs: 58,944
Posted on Sep 17th 2008
nice copy and paste...   please no swearing in the forums!
I.. am the BOOM!! in BOOMSHAKALAK!!
11992 Nibs: 75,250
Posted on Sep 17th 2008
"i think maybe more then 80% of the players is playing over agressiv. They play alot of unneccesary hands in unneccesary posisons." This is not being overly aggressive, this is playing too loose.   "I have myself experienced that low-limits donks try very often to bluff at the most potts" Some of them bluff a lot, but most players just don't have the ability to fold. This means that irregardless of how you play (passive or aggressive) if you play strong cards and hit good flops you are going to get paid off. The key is to play hands that will dominate their limped in trash, and you must also be willing to accept the fact that you will get sucked out on from time to time.   " THE MOST micro limits players DONT ACTUALLY picl up on this " This is true at many many other online limits as well.   "nice copy and paste..." Thanks Jeff, but feel free to offer something useful to the forum more than once or twice a month.
It's easier to fish if you're the one casting the reel.
96304 Nibs: 1,122
Posted on Sep 18th 2008
nice work;)
Co cię nie zabije, to ci wzmocni;p
98882 Nibs: 2,341
Posted on Nov 6th 2008
hmmm?? good strategy ?
Kalafon
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Mar 4th 2009  -  Subject: don't agree
Well smmathi, you wanted critic, you've got it.   I don't agree at all!! I began with a few cents on the lowest limits and guess what? PO sais i played more then 50% of all hands and won 60%. I even could play Q2o because they are nearly all players like you who play with their AA slow playing and push on the river. What i want to say is that i often called them with just 2pair and sucked them out because they think AA is so big and push. But they all don't think it's just 1pair at the end, and it;'s easy to make 2pair if not better. With my loose agressive playing style i build it all up, while now a days i play tight/agr. On those levels are many players that have no idea of how to play poker(i mean pot odds and all the things you name). They just ask almost to suck them out as they go allin with just a pair. I'm not saying i'm the best player at all, just that on those levels from $0.02/0.04c are so many bad players that it's not even wise to bluff them as they don't understand and don't see what you represent. So if you write an article for micro limits starting at $0.10/0.20c  and 0.25/0.50c  players are beginning to take it more serious and pay attention to what you're saying while most players from the lowest levels don't even take time to read strategy articles. They come from work and play some cards for fun instead of grinding their way up and there's nothing wrong with that. last i'll have to say is that what i said counts for most players but not all, just the majority. And i'm not saying they CAN'T play, but that most of them are not serious to improve their game.  Again....not all.. 
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
83688 Nibs: 2,421
Posted on Mar 11th 2009
Hi guys, im new to this poker community, and wanted to stard a good first-impression with starting to write an article about how you can easy win at micro limits. With micro limits i mean from Nl4 all the way up to NL25 (0.02/0.04, 0.05/0.10, 0.10/0.25) I would love to get some feedback, eighter way its posistive or negativ. I take critic as a good thing Ok, lets get it going...  The first thing I am going to talk about is the: Pre-flop game I think the pre-flop game in microlimits its the key to sucsess of making money. Its like Phil Ivey says; He dont play his same game everytime, but he adjust his game after how his oppenents play. If they play tight, you will be playing agressiv, and if they play agressiv, you will be playing tight and lean back in the chair waiting for those cards. On the microlimits (AT LEAST UP TO NL10) i think maybe more then 80% of the players is playing over agressiv. They play alot of unneccesary hands in unneccesary posisons. This is why you just should lean back in your chair and wait for good hands. I would admit that you play more then 1 table at the microlimits, cus you will play tight and it wont be that much action all the time. If yoare just to multitabling, try 3-4, if not try to 2-tabling. Slowplaying good hands in posison I have myself experienced that low-limits donks try very often to bluff at the most potts (whatever the potsize is). To take the maximum advantage if this  i will recomend that you slowplaying very good hands, when there's not any dangerous flop. Dont slowplay in multiway pots eighter. An example of a slowplaying scenario at a NL10 6max table: You are on the dealer button. SB Folds, BB raises to 0.30$ and its folded around to you. You look down at your cards and you see pocket rockets; AA! You have noticed that this guy have played ALOT of hands preflop (at least 8/10). Derfor you will put in a raise, 3 times his to 0.90$. Your oppenent calls. The flop is A74 rainbow. Better flop than this you cant expect. Your oppenent bets out 1.20$, you can assume he is bluffing, so you dont want to scare him away - We are just calling. The turn is a deuce, or we could also called it a blank. No way that card helped him. You oppenent bets out 3$ and has around his half stack in the middle of the table. If he bluffed the flop, he must also be bluffing now, cause its not likly that the deuce would help him, so we just call again and hope we get the rest of his stack. River is a king, and he pushes. You instacall and wins against his Q3off suited Play ABC-poker With this i mean that you shouldnt do any tricky play at this limits. Some of the dumbest things you can do at microlimits is to bluff to represent a hand that is ten times stronger then you hand you actually have. Let me do one thing clear; PEOPLE AT MICROSTAKES DOSN'T THINK! - Dont take me on my word here,  you will find a lot of microstakes players that are good, but you got the point. If your oppenent calls you down with A high, lowest pair or something, you have no one to play then your self. Your table-image No that i have said you should be playing tight, tight, tight on microlimits, you probaly think now: Dosnt my oppenents pick up on this, and will fold when i get a premium hand and raise it? And you starting to feel you should variate your play. THE MOST micro limits players DONT ACTUALLY picl up on this, they are much more interessted in their own game. If you have done a good table-selection you shouldnt be afraid of getting a "nit-note" Bankroll Managament * you say? Believe me or not, but this is the most importan thing if you want to start making money on the internet. You may think your one one the worlds best players cause you trippled you bankroll to 50$-150$ on pokerstars in less then one hour? Your not alone, but suddenly a guy called Mr. Varians knocking on your door, and you WILL loose all your money if your still taking shots at way to high limits! I recomend that you at LEAST have 20-30 Buy ins in microlimits (Or to be realy safe take 30-50 buy ins) But lets say you take 20 buyins u need: 80$ to play NL4 200$ to play NL10 500$ to play NL25. I know this sounds much for you, it sounds much for me to, but believe me - its worth it. That was all, sorry for my bad english. Hoped you learned something from this smmathi :)  pffffffffff long story!!!!!!!!!!!!
up and down the river
93657 Nibs: 376
Posted on Apr 20th 2009
Nice post, tanks!
Patife
85236 Nibs: 9,702
Posted on Apr 25th 2009
interesting, thanks a lot man
www.chamailtpoker.blogspot.com
86503 Nibs: 1,030
Posted on Apr 26th 2009
Nice article. Thank you!
110216 Nibs: 3,431
Posted on Jun 17th 2009
A lot of "new" information, thank you guys!
gl. everyone! We meet at the final table;)
111978 Nibs: 535
Posted on Jun 19th 2009
Only thing that I really desagree is the idea of slowplay micro limits... In your example that's just fine but if you let a lot of donks in the pot with marginal hands and didn't protect your hands, that will represent with the time a lot of bad beats... And there is a thing that I really agree is the pre-flop hand selection, but I really prefer to be gressive at this time...
112164 Nibs: 2,362
Posted on Jun 28th 2009
nice thanks
96754 Nibs: 2,054
Posted on Jul 27th 2009
thx for the info.  somethings are interesting.  
AKQJT
Displaying #1-14 of 14 total posts

header

[close]