Ever felt like quitting?

Rate this Topic

Displaying #16-25 of 25 total posts First Previous  1 2 
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on Jul 24th 2007
Thats a sick beat, but in reality, although at the time your screen gets abuse and things are launched accross the room, if he turned his hand face up on the flop. You still wanted him to call. Makes it more brutal. Yea I know, I almost punched my fist into my LCD screen, Im glad I could restrain myself and only beat the wall. Had my hand in a hard bandage for 2 weeks after
29660 Nibs: 23,624
Posted on Jul 24th 2007
I am quitting now. Well for a couple of days at least. Pigeons keep making bad calls, preflop, after the flop, on the turn. Only to keep hitting. One guy in particular just kept calling, now matter what he held, and had a win % that was ridiculously high. It was honestly something you had to see to believe. To make matters worse, he was an a** beyond belief, telling us all how good he was at poker. I think I have played with that jerk before,wish were at at live table!
82267 Nibs: 355
Posted on Aug 20th 2007
No never, maybe take a break some days/week but not quit :)!
Lincoln
39163 Nibs: 272
Posted on Aug 20th 2007  -  Subject: Practice and Patience
Everyone has there own style of poker. Ultra agressive (better known as Donkey's LOL) Tight players who don't play anything but big hands. And my style which sometimes works and sometimes does not. Passive agressive. I play agressive on certain hands depending on position and how many players. I've also read books from different authors and they too have different styles. Poker is a game of strategy and a little bit of luck sometimes. Bottom line is no matter what style or how good you are everyone loses even the pro's. As we all say THAT'S POKER. Good luck.
81928 Nibs: 650
Posted on Aug 22nd 2007  -  Subject: Thought about it but wont do it...ever
I was playing 1$-2$ no limit and I was in the big blind. First person to my left raised it to 5$ and everyone folded to me so I had 9-10 suited so I figured worth the 3$ call. I called the 3$. The flop comes 10-10-9. YAY! flopped the house. I decided to check it see if I could extract some money out of the guy next to me. He bet pot which at this point was 11$, I re raised him another 11$, he then re raised me again another 25$, so I went all in with my remaining 89$. He thought for a little while and then called it not thinking I had anything. It flipped up both our cards and he was holding pocket aces. turn card came a King and then an ACE on the river to give him a higher full boat. I know he had me beat pre flop and I made up alot of ground on the flop it just sucked because u dont expect to lose with a full house that you flopped to someone who at that point has 2 outs. I was so mad but thats what happens I guess. Dont ever quit though take a break until u feel ready to play again. get up walk away, leave the house for a bit just go out and do something to break your mind-set. Once your mind has been lifted and you have regained your composure(not sure if spelled right), then continue to play again. Good luck at the tables everyone. On the Book Topic I really enjoyed Daniel Negreanu's book. its quick and to the point. Phil Hellmuths book was alright as well bt Negreanus book was worth the read. again good luck.
ALL IN! Take Er EZ!, If she's EZ take er Twice..
80384 Nibs: 218
Posted on Aug 22nd 2007
so so close giving up right now! lol. finally ben grinding away at lower limits, for three weeks, checked my poker tracker and noticed i had won $600 this month playing low limit abc poker. i was so so pleased with myself. not just that id won, but that i had been able to grind it out for the first time without getting bored and donking off money. all good things come to an end. i didnt plan on playing today, but i was $40 off my target for the month so i thought why not. i lost my first buy in within 20mins but it didnt bother me too much, il win it back later i thought. about half hour later i was -$150. i hadnt tilted yet and was still pretty sure i would break even for the day if i continued playing the way i was. i took an hour break for food and was feeling good about playin for a few hours, my friend suggested i move up to $1/$2 because there was an easy game going, so foolishly i did. about 200 hands in i had turned my $200 buy in to $300 and was pleased i had moved up. just for a note, i had been getting pocket pairs all day, and not once hit a set on the flop. I got 88 on the button, everyone folded so i raised it up, only the BB called, and he had been playing very loose overplaying all small aces. I can remember thinking, 8AK flop please. well ask and you shall recieve lol. all the money went in on the flop, and he turned.....AA. i felt physically sick, and still do, i woke up with $500 in my account and now i have $90. back to the grinding for me!! worst day i have ever ever had. Thanks, Michael.
Few Players recall big pots they have won - strange as it seems - but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.
29660 Nibs: 23,624
Posted on Aug 23rd 2007
so so close giving up right now! lol. finally ben grinding away at lower limits, for three weeks, checked my poker tracker and noticed i had won $600 this month playing low limit abc poker. i was so so pleased with myself. not just that id won, but that i had been able to grind it out for the first time without getting bored and donking off money. all good things come to an end. i didnt plan on playing today, but i was $40 off my target for the month so i thought why not. i lost my first buy in within 20mins but it didnt bother me too much, il win it back later i thought. about half hour later i was -$150. i hadnt tilted yet and was still pretty sure i would break even for the day if i continued playing the way i was. i took an hour break for food and was feeling good about playin for a few hours, my friend suggested i move up to $1/$2 because there was an easy game going, so foolishly i did. about 200 hands in i had turned my $200 buy in to $300 and was pleased i had moved up. just for a note, i had been getting pocket pairs all day, and not once hit a set on the flop. I got 88 on the button, everyone folded so i raised it up, only the BB called, and he had been playing very loose overplaying all small aces. I can remember thinking, 8AK flop please. well ask and you shall recieve lol. all the money went in on the flop, and he turned.....AA. i felt physically sick, and still do, i woke up with $500 in my account and now i have $90. back to the grinding for me!! worst day i have ever ever had. Thanks, Michael. Thats a pretty bad day for sure,but if it makes you feel any better,we all have them!
82367 Nibs: 345
Posted on Aug 25th 2007
take a break, even a holiday. when you are back your luck will be in! have fun
A king can do no wrong … unless it runs into an ace
82382 Nibs: 305
Posted on Aug 25th 2007
Not Much to do, ive tried that lots of time, when what ever you do just dont seem to stick up, loosing with KK and AA versus 2-7 etc.
Marthin P.
19176 Nibs: 1,075
Posted on Aug 30th 2007
try a different game of poker or even a different poker enviroment. no need to lose or win in the same place ..............................................
GambitMaster Team Toronto
Displaying #16-25 of 25 total posts First Previous  1 2 

header

[close]