Ever felt like quitting?

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 25 total posts  1 2  Next Last
80384 Nibs: 218
Posted on Jun 30th 2007  -  Subject: Ever felt like quitting?
had such a bad month, and even though i know damn well i wont stop playing cause i know its just a bad run and almost every major pot iv lost has been a terrible bad beat, still rather annoying when your bankroll is wiped out through a series of sick hands. lol. iv had months like this before about a year ago, and taking a month long break and reading a few books helped me come back. think il do that, unless anyone has any other suggestions? in my experience playing through it doesnt really help.
Few Players recall big pots they have won - strange as it seems - but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.
29660 Nibs: 23,624
Posted on Jul 2nd 2007
Dealor,I am having a terrible run the last couple weeks also,cant win no matter what I get,have stepped away for 4 days now but am going to give it a shot today,I agree with you that its hard to play through,and the best thing is to walk away for awhile and regroup.
18128 Nibs: 1,346
Posted on Jul 5th 2007
The best solution is not play for some days; the "tilt" factor can be most dangerous (especially for your bankroll!!!). GL AT THE TABLE
Limit is a science, No-Limit is an art.
51227 Nibs: 1,850
Posted on Jul 9th 2007
You just have to do what works for you. I've heard pros talk about quitting a session after losing for a while. Some people might prefer to take a short break (anywhere from a week to multiple weeks) if they take hard hits to their bankroll. I thought that taking breaks was good for me in the past when I lost money playing. Now I just dust myself off and play the next time no matter when it is. I guess I'd have to take a long, sustained hit to want to take a break from poker.
Posted on Jul 9th 2007
iveyleague, are u the same guy that posts on 2+2?
Few Players recall big pots they have won - strange as it seems - but every player can remember with remarkable accuracy the outstanding tough beats of his career.
Posted on Jul 10th 2007
???
Posted on Jul 10th 2007
ah, obviously not. just thers a guy called iveyleague that posts on a diff forum.
Posted on Jul 12th 2007
I post on this forum and the InsideNation forum. There aren't any other ones that I post on right now.
80707 Nibs: 4,381
Posted on Jul 14th 2007
You must step away when things are going bad, the sooner the better. As for how long a break, could be any where from a couple of minutes to a few weeks.
ciao for now
80679 Nibs: 812
Posted on Jul 17th 2007
what books u read ? i want to add some to the slanskys and harrington to have different points of view
Posted on Jul 18th 2007
what books u read ? i want to add some to the slanskys and harrington to have different points of view i am eagerly anticipating harringtons cash game book, comes out soon i think. so far i have read super system, ace on the river and mike caros book of tells. i would suggest ace on the river by barry greenstein, i found it very helpful, not just with strategy and game theory, but information on disecting hands and also how to handle finances. in my opinion it is the only book available with the information it has, and its the first book to be released by a player that plays, and wins, in the big games in vegas. i know dolye also plays in those games, but in the super system negreanu harman and others wrote certain chapters of the book.
29660 Nibs: 23,624
Posted on Jul 18th 2007
Thanks for the info,I think I"ll check a couple of those out.
Not Registered
Nibs: 0
Edit Post
Delete Post
Posted on Jul 22nd 2007  -  Subject: Yes 1 time
Ive felt like qutting poker. It was when I was playing online a $3/$6 No limit hold'em table and had AA. I sat UTG and raised $16, everyone folded exept for 1 players who called me. Flop came and it was AJ6 rainbow. Great!!! Floped a set, I beted out $20 and he reraised me to $40. Hmm ok, I have the best hand now. Has he floped a set too or did he have AJ or not likley J6. Oh well I thought what ever he has I have a better hand, so I went all in with $154. He called after a long thinking time, His card was flipped over and he had J6. YES big amount of money going my way I thought. Turn came and it was a 6 YES YES big amount of money to me YAHOOO NOT River 6. I couldnt belive my eyes when the stack was moving not to me but to him instead.
Posted on Jul 23rd 2007
Ive felt like qutting poker. It was when I was playing online a $3/$6 No limit hold'em table and had AA. I sat UTG and raised $16, everyone folded exept for 1 players who called me. Flop came and it was AJ6 rainbow. Great!!! Floped a set, I beted out $20 and he reraised me to $40. Hmm ok, I have the best hand now. Has he floped a set too or did he have AJ or not likley J6. Oh well I thought what ever he has I have a better hand, so I went all in with $154. He called after a long thinking time, His card was flipped over and he had J6. YES big amount of money going my way I thought. Turn came and it was a 6 YES YES big amount of money to me YAHOOO NOT River 6. I couldnt belive my eyes when the stack was moving not to me but to him instead. Thats a sick beat, but in reality, although at the time your screen gets abuse and things are launched accross the room, if he turned his hand face up on the flop. You still wanted him to call. Makes it more brutal.
80707 Nibs: 4,381
Posted on Jul 24th 2007
I am quitting now. Well for a couple of days at least. Pigeons keep making bad calls, preflop, after the flop, on the turn. Only to keep hitting. One guy in particular just kept calling, now matter what he held, and had a win % that was ridiculously high. It was honestly something you had to see to believe. To make matters worse, he was an a** beyond belief, telling us all how good he was at poker.
ciao for now
Displaying #1-15 of 25 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]