confused split pots

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-12 of 12 total posts
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Mar 15th 2009  -  Subject: confused split pots
Allthough i play poker for a while decently i'll still get confused sometimes about split pots, and by ask other players at the3 table i've seen that i'm not the only one, seen the answers i get as they are always wrong too. I would like to get this clearly explained once and for all. For example i have this hand; Pl1 A9s    - Pl2 A3o.   Board- A6J  Q  J -split pot. I understand that since both players have similar hands 2pair Aces/Jacks, the highest card (in this case the BOARD card Q) counts as "kicker". But i've seen also similar hands where the board has a higher card as both players kicker, the player with the best kicker wins. I know many players will find this a silly question, but i also know that more players have this issue, allthough many are shamed to ask this simple basic issue. Well i'll get the laugh out on me but i don't care anymore, i'll have to know finally clearly. So Dingus or anyone, if someone is willing to seriously help me out here i'ld appriciate it very much. Thanks 
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
80264 Nibs: 3,897
Posted on Mar 17th 2009
Next time u see one, go to history and post it here. I have one about split pot. If three players split $1000 , who gets  $333,34 ?
Posted on Mar 18th 2009  -  Subject: understand?
Next time u see one, go to history and post it here. I have one about split pot. If three players split $1000 , who gets  $333,34 ?don't realy understand what u mean with if i see it next time??  who gets the $333,34  is clear i guess..the one with the best cards(highest kicker) or second best hand. But it shows my point that more players don't know it with your question.....
OEPS! I'm your huckleberry... thats JUST my game! five hundred.. must be a......peache of a hand....
83616 Nibs: 1,821
Posted on Mar 18th 2009
The only thing i could think of is a) your eyes decieved you  or b) a glitch in the software, which would be a huge problem and i highly doubt happened.what you need to remember when figuring this out, you must find the best 5 card hand. pull up the hand history, and figure it out, im sure you will be able to.
80264 Nibs: 3,897
Posted on Mar 19th 2009
I mean next time when u see it happen, post hand history here so everybody can see it. Or better if u have one now, post it.
91295 Nibs: 3,269
Posted on Mar 20th 2009
Hello !!! I see sometimes that when 2 players have the same high card and 2 différent kicker that the pot is split and most of the the time the higher kicker wins it.It seems to happens more often when the blinds are not high at the beginning of a tournament. Did someone else notice that too and is there an explanation to that ? Thnks in advance and have a good day and a great weekend.
*Edited, no links to other website with affiliates links on it please*
11992 Nibs: 75,250
Posted on Mar 20th 2009
Split pots can get a little confusing at times, but just remember this...........in holdem, a hand is comprised of the 5 best cards in play, whether they be in a players hand, or on the table. This is often going to be seen either when the board brings a straight and nobody has anything to add to make a higher straight, or in your case, the board bringing a pair and you also having a pair in your hand with a high kicker on the board. Samples Player 1 AK Player 2 A4 Board shows 3333K Both players plit the pot using the four 3s and an Ace kicker. Player 1 QJ Player 2 J4 Board shows JJ3AK Both players split using the 2 Jacks and one of their jacks for trips and the Ace and King as kickers   So remember, you use cards either from your hand (1, 2 or none), or on the board (3, 4 or 5 cards), to make the BEST possible 5 card hand.
It's easier to fish if you're the one casting the reel.
91295 Nibs: 3,269
Posted on Mar 21st 2009
Hello !!! Thank you very much Dingus that is very clear and now I understand exactly what is going on.I guess i forgot one of the basic of how texas hold'em is played. Have a great weekend all and good luck on the tables.
*Edited, no links to other website with affiliates links on it please*
101488 Nibs: 2,532
Posted on Mar 23rd 2009  -  Subject: known man
isn't this you        zoofer, a friend of Denis It's blaz here we didn't talk much but i know that you're the one i think..leave me some message, maybe we could go some tournament together.. bye
Posted on Oct 25th 2009  -  Subject: 1pair
isn't this you        zoofer, a friend of Denis It's blaz here we didn't talk much but i know that you're the one i think..leave me some message, maybe we could go some tournament together.. byeDo you mean me? I never seen that guy. DINGUS it may be for that reason but i only have this problem with 1pair situations. With 2pair or anything else i know it automatically. Onlu if it's 1pair cuz the board pairs and like this high card. Pl1  KQ winner                Pl2   K9 board      4 T 6 A 5 So with high card the A does'nt count here? My example of a 1pair situation shall i post later in time as soon as i see one allthough that does'nt happen much, but still.... 999 from a 1000 i know but that 1%.........
121863 Nibs: 370
Posted on Dec 20th 2009
Pl1  KQ winner                Pl2   K9 board      4 T 6 A 5 So with high card the A does'nt count here?   Player1 -> A K Q T 6 Player 2 -> A K T 9 6   it is absolutly clear that player 1 win this  
Posted on Apr 30th 2010  -  Subject: DINGUS here's the ultimate post
Hey DINGUS, i have alot of respect for your efforts. However, you asked me to post a clear post and here it is...... There was no flush pl 1 -  ATo pl 2-AKo Board   Q37 9 7       split pot! ?? Why is the king not used as a kicker? They have both 2pair Aces and Sevens.  Highest card on the board is a Q.\ So why is in this case the King no kicker????   It's a 5 card combination I'm puzzled !!!!   plz help me out with this one. Tx for your efforts again as i know you don't need to do this.   RESPECT !!!
Displaying #1-12 of 12 total posts

header

[close]