30 Poker Pros Sign Letter Endorsing PPA

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-6 of 6 total posts
42211 Nibs: 37,181
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006  -  Subject: 30 Poker Pros Sign Letter Endorsing PPA
Tomorrow, the Poker Players Alliance will send out a letter to all its members letting them know their organization is supported by some of the most well-known and respected players in the world. he letter that’s being released tomorrow reads: Dear fellow poker player, Our freedom to play America’s game online has been taken away by Washington, D.C. The time is now for us to make a stand and protect the game we love. The Poker Players Alliance is our voice on Capitol Hill fighting to protect our right to play the game. We fully endorse the Poker Players Alliance and urge you to become a member right now. Go to www.pokerplayersalliance.org and help defend poker. When our united voice is millions of members strong, Washington, D.C. will listen to us. The Poker Players Alliance is that voice. Join this great organization and help save the game we love to play. Sincerely, Doyle Brunson, Mike Caro, David Chiu, T.J. Cloutier, Hoyt Corkins, Paul Darden, Freddy Deeb, Eli Elezra, Antonio Esfandiari, Chris Ferguson, Layne Flack, Jack Fox, Chau Giang, Phil Gordon, Clonie Gowen, Barry Greenstein, Jennifer Harman, Kenna James, Linda Johnson, John Juanda, Phil Laak, Scotty Nguyen, Chip Reese, Vanessa Rousso, Matt Savage, Erik Seidel, Mike Sexton, Dewey Tomko, Cyndy Violette, Lee Watkinson, and Robert Williamson III source: cardplayer
This posting/signature is protected by copyright. Any use of these posting/signatures, in whole or in part, requires the prior written permission of the author. Author of this posting/signature is Layanna
58946 Nibs: 602
Posted on Nov 2nd 2006
This is cool
SOT TEAM IS THE BEST!!!!!
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Nov 3rd 2006  -  Subject: Good luck
Its nice to see these people getting behind the game ... even though they dont have to.
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
49357 Nibs: 5,464
Posted on Nov 7th 2006
Why wouldn't they have to? Is there more? I would join right now if it werent for the fee. I will soon.
They say if you can't spot the sucker within 30 minutes, you're it. I saw 9 of them the second I sat down. -Vaughn
58731 Nibs: 18,154
Posted on Nov 16th 2006  -  Subject: ppa
i am not american but i think this is not about playing poker it is about taking one rights away. is the world becoming one big prison. we all better be careful of the governent telling us all how to live and breath. good luck to you all
nomad2727ca
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Nov 18th 2006
I think it is all just a big waste of time. Americand should still be able to play if they search hard enough. Again though I am not concerning myself too greatly due to the fact that I am not the lobster heading to the boiling pot. I just figure that they should be able to open a bank account outside of the US say Canada or somewhere and transfer cash that way. As for what the pro's sign I am supprised they haven't all voted for the bill. I would if I were in their shoes. That's a thousand or so less players I'd have to worry about showing up at my WSOP event. Sure it's millions of dollars difference in the kitty, but 10 years ago they were playing for far less anyways and they were happy then.
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
Displaying #1-6 of 6 total posts

header

[close]