Player suggestions for iPoker Network

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 103 total posts  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next Last
2904 Nibs: 21,196
Posted on Sep 16th 2008  -  Subject: Player suggestions for iPoker Network
Post edited Oct 6th. I was very disappointed when I saw the changes made in the recent iPoker Network updating. PI Simon has approved this topic. It is my attention to make a list with improvements and wishes from the players. Later on the list will be split in 2 parts. First part will include player suggestions for the iPoker software. It can be something you miss in the software, something that should be changed etc. Second part will include the players wishes regarding tournaments, ring games etc. At 20th October I will made an email including all the constructive inputs. That email will be send to BetMost and the top of the iPoker Network and it will include a link to this topic so they can see, it is not only from me but from all the players and hopefully it will end out in some good improvements. I will copy the email in here too and the answers so you all can follow it.....Sorry my English is not correct but I hope you all understand my points. I will start with some of my own ideas in randum order: 1) Seat movements in tournaments. In my opinion this and the next listed are the worst "blunders" on the  Network. If one player are removed from one table to another then it is nearly all the time the player on the button. That player have just posted both the SMALL and the BIG blind. Very often this player will be placed at a new table in the BIG blind. And it can happen again just after you have posted the SMALL blind again. My record is 4 BB and SB in a row!!! That is a very critical procedure. Especially at the end of Speed tournaments or big events like the ECOOP where the blind are VERY high at that moment. Maybe it is even worser than a badbeat. Here you really can say the blinds killed you. I know it is a programming problem but the solution for it should be quite easy. Just look at PokerStars. There you normally are moved to a table in exact same position according to the blinds. Another way to solve the problem is to move the player just in front of the BIG blind. Of course it can be his/hers luck if placed just behind the blinds at the new table but at least no one will be killed of the blinds by moving. 2) Sponsorship/rakeback from Satelites. It is told that you recieve rakeback/sponsorship from your part of the rake in ringgames and for your entry fee for tournaments but it is not true. If you qualify in a satelite then you recieve a ticket either to a higher level satelite or directly to the event. You dont recieve sponsorship from the entry fee and you dont recieve the points for the fee too. But the fee is a part of your ticket taken from the prizepool. On all other pokernetworks you get your points and rakeback because it is already paid in the first satelite. So it is a kind of "cheating" to say that you will recieve rakeback from all your tournaments fees. Personally I should recieve more than $500 yearly on that account because I play a lot of qualifiers. Especially ECOOP qualifiers. 3) Disturbing Alerts. Why are there still 3 popups within 10 seconds shortly before a tournament starts? We will know when a new tournament starts because the table popup between 20-150 seconds before the start. Why tell us that 4 times? And it can be quite a disaster especially if you are multitabling on a laptop. If you are only playing cashgames then the 3 popups will come in the top left corner. Pretty disturbing. But it is worser if you play a mix of cashgames and tournaments and having the tournament lobby open for one of you tournaments. Then the popups come in the middle and it can be expensive if you try to click it away because an active table can popup in same second and if you are unlucky you then activate a fold/raise/allin on that table. 4) Chat box. The last update included 2 very annoying elements. Why it is showing your cards in the chat window when you at same time can see your hand on the table? It just fill up the chat with worthless information. And if you are playing Omaha or Omaha HL then half of the window are filled up with your cards. when you are multitabling then you often want to see the last winning hand when you play the next game. You cant do that without scrolling now. And if I for some reasons have forgotten my cards then I can just take a look in the handhistory. Please remove that again. And the3 update now show in the chatbox if you choose to wait for the Big blind. Yes I already know that and the other players can see it too because either you are sitting out or you dont recieve cards! Away with that too. If ipoker really insists to have those options then plaese make the chatbox bigger. There is just enough space for 1 cm more in hight. 5) Bounty tournaments. Very popular on other sites especially among Speed tournament players and Low Rebuy tournament players. 6) Mixed cashgames and tournaments. This is going to be more and more popular among the players. 7) Horse tournaments. Miss that because there are much more skill involved. 8) Transaction History. That needs to be improved of 2 reasons. You can only look the history for the current month and the last month. With other words maximum 2 months. That is not enough. You should at least have the possibility for seeing the last 6 months like on most other pokersites. Secondly the history has to be much more specific. Right now you can only see the words "BONUS" and "OTHER". If you think you have some problems then it is impossible to refer to the transaction history. Why not use more words like other sites do. Words like "First Deposit Bonus", "Reload Bonus", "Adjustment", "Sponsorship/rakeback", "Cashing in points" and so on. That will make it a lot easier for both parts if there are any problems. 9) Tournament lobbies. There is a problem if you want have a tournament lobby open. Espicially if you are multitabling. The tournament lobby is "frozen" right over the "start lobby" and it is impossible to look at other tournaments or cash tables unless you close it again. Make seperate lobbies like they have on almost every other poker networks. 10) Sit-outs in tournaments.  In every kind of freerolls the sit-outs should be removed after 15-20 minutes or after the end of the second level. The reason is that they dont loose anything because they have not paid for it. And it will more fair to other players. Some tables can have up to 7-8 sitouts which are free chips to rest of the players. In paid tournamnts the sitouts should be there because they have paid for the seat but they should never be able to win a pot. That means if a sitout is allin then he fold regardless of his cards. I will write more if I get new ideas but now it is up to you. Come with some constructive ideas etc.  
Spyfus
91109 Nibs: 3,714
Posted on Sep 16th 2008
I want to respond on Spyfus suggestions:   1, Seat movements /table transfer.. I have not notice this. It is rare that I am removed when I am on the dealer button or small blind, it is more often that I have to wait until the "round" is ready on the new table... I am not always starting at the new table with big blind. I am not sure if you spyfus has been unlucky or it is me who has been lucky. If there are more with same experience as you Spyfus there should be something done to this. I want to add one thing to this, if I am playing many tables and maybe 2 or 3 are tourneys for multi-tables sngs.. I have place all the tables where I want them to be on my screen. Sometimes I have to many tables for my screen that I need to have some of them over-lap. Here comes the problem, if I have a tournament at the top of my screen and have 2 tables below the tourney table, and when it is time for a table transfer ... half then new table is outside the screen and I cannot in anyway move the table down, because I cannot reach the "moving spot" on the top of that particular table. It would be nice if those new tables could start up with out being attached to other tables....it they need to be "single-tables" Maybe a split screen could be something. If you want to run many tables you get a big window with 2x2grid matching your screen size and you can run one or more if you want to. (In that case tha table need a "leave the tables button".   3, Disturbing Alerts. I am totally agree with you. If there should be a alert there is enough with one and I think it would be good it those alerts could disappear on its own. I mean, you should not need to hit ok button, but you should be able to close it down if you wish. It is horrible when you are playing many tables. Often those alerts locks everything, at least for me. I can't play my wished table as long I got those pop ups to take care of. However it would be nice if the alerts about bonus could have the ok button and not disappear on its own. I would like to read those messages and close it by my self. 5. Chatbox, the cards in the chatbox and be turned of in the options for the chatbox. However I can find the chatbubbles a bit annoying. I like when players talk to each others and I do not want to turn of the chat bubbles because I want to be notice when someone is saying anything. I can find the chat amusing sometimes. On the shortsides of the tables those chat bubbles overlap the cards. To my own suggestions: * The time for making your moves can be a little longer, and there could be a timeback that you can chose to use, it should not be automatically. * Bigger cards in the hands when you are running small tables. * When you are playing a tourney and want the have control on your position in the result list, there are no numbers beside your name. Well, the number of chips are there, but not in what position you are in. The only players who are listed with numbers it those who are out. It would be nice if the whole list had number and not only those who are out. I think it can be importent to know in what position you are.. it is easier to rule your game. (it is my opinion). When you are register for a tourney the list of names is not in alphabetical order. It would be great if the list could appear in alphabetic order to start with. * New avatars should be added, some can be neutral which not showing male of female. (Example on new avatars: fish, donkey, shark, lion, eagle. * I think the land where you are from should be visible. That should not need to be a secret honestly. (if I have to chose between female or male avatar the land should be visible for all.) * When you are playing and want to have control over your BMpoints and want to check your points in "My account" - how close you are to clear next bonus pay out - you need to re-open "My account" all the time. I would like to have an easier function on that, like a refresh button if you cannot get the numbers directly... or something like that. * When you want to play cash games, why is limit tables automatically open? If I want to play No limit I have to re-open that one all the time. How about creating a filter where you can put up your own options - what tables, stakes - you prefer to play. This filter should be there next time you log in. It would not be reset until you chose to change or close it. * The last thing: In tourneys, remove the "sit out info". Those sitouters annoy other players including me, while I am fighting to be in the tourney as long as possible... and sometimes I am out before the sitouters are. I mean, I can't fold everytime just to let sitouters leave before me, in that case I am losing my stack to other players. Becasue of the I think it is better if you don't see if the player are sitting out or not. On cash table the info should be there but not in tourneys. On cash tables you are playing with your own money and you are not paying for any blinds if you are sitting out. In tourneys you are paying for blinds even if you are sitting out and that is almost the same as you should be there. That is why the sit out info should be removed for everyone. The only one who should be able to see the sitout info it the one who are sitting out, and then it is info about his or hers own sitting out.   These are a few things I think can be improved or added.
2x LB3 winner, 1x LB1 winner, 2nd in Player --> The fish can too, if not win it can lose!
97401 Nibs: 296
Posted on Sep 17th 2008
I think the tables should be resizeable ,that would be a big plus if you are multitabling. I also have got a probem with opening tables sometimes.My laptop sometimes becomes "overworked" (sorry I don't know the exact english word ;)),then the whole screen frozes and the table opens like 20 seconds after I clicked on it,while I get time outed on some tables if I am multitabling.That's something I don't understand and something I want to have changed..on pokerstars everything works instantly. 3rd and last thing is that there should be a time bank. In a MTT there are sometimes some difficult situations where I would need more than the normal 20 seconds (how much it is normally).
Posted on Sep 17th 2008
I think the tables should be resizeable ,that would be a big plus if you are multitabling. I also have got a probem with opening tables sometimes.My laptop sometimes becomes "overworked" (sorry I don't know the exact english word ;)),then the whole screen frozes and the table opens like 20 seconds after I clicked on it,while I get time outed on some tables if I am multitabling.That's something I don't understand and something I want to have changed..on pokerstars everything works instantly. 3rd and last thing is that there should be a time bank. In a MTT there are sometimes some difficult situations where I would need more than the normal 20 seconds (how much it is normally).Yes, my tables are freezing too.. and if you change from small to big table or big to small table, it takes ages to reload, because the whole chat history must be reloaded. If I am playing a tourney and only running 1 table I prefer to have it big, it is very easy to miss hands in that way.
2x LB3 winner, 1x LB1 winner, 2nd in Player --> The fish can too, if not win it can lose!
97401 Nibs: 296
Posted on Sep 18th 2008
I think the tables should be resizeable ,that would be a big plus if you are multitabling. I also have got a probem with opening tables sometimes.My laptop sometimes becomes "overworked" (sorry I don't know the exact english word ;)),then the whole screen frozes and the table opens like 20 seconds after I clicked on it,while I get time outed on some tables if I am multitabling.That's something I don't understand and something I want to have changed..on pokerstars everything works instantly. 3rd and last thing is that there should be a time bank. In a MTT there are sometimes some difficult situations where I would need more than the normal 20 seconds (how much it is normally).Yes, my tables are freezing too.. and if you change from small to big table or big to small table, it takes ages to reload, because the whole chat history must be reloaded. If I am playing a tourney and only running 1 table I prefer to have it big, it is very easy to miss hands in that way.Yes..in HU Sit and go's for example I always miss the first 1-2 hands..that sucks
86392 Nibs: 1,039
Posted on Sep 20th 2008  -  Subject: sitouts
I will disagree with 1 comment and that is the info that there are sitters at a table. I feel that we all should know this , it gets annoying to be giving chips to a player who registered and forgot to show or just sits out the first hour or so.
Posted on Sep 20th 2008
I will disagree with 1 comment and that is the info that there are sitters at a table. I feel that we all should know this , it gets annoying to be giving chips to a player who registered and forgot to show or just sits out the first hour or so. If you pay attention to the table  you will notice the sitouter anyway, because he/she will constantly fold very fast and give away the BB when there is a raise or bets anyway. That would give you the opportunity to steal more blind than those players who are multitableing and not paying attention to the table. You need to take advantage of this... if it is saying "sit out" there are more players who want that blind, because it is obvious that the guy is sitting out.
89956 Nibs: 3,151
Posted on Sep 28th 2008
IPOKER NEEDS TO REVAMP THERE SOFTWARE I HAVE PLAYED MULTIPLE TABLES AND ALWAYS SEEM TO BE PUT IN A SITOUT SITUATION AND REALLY GET PISSED WHEN THEY PUT ME IN SITOUT WITH AA OR AK  
88309 Nibs: 1,286
Posted on Oct 4th 2008
wow..i agree with everything...i feel like you stole these ideas from my head..really nice suggestions..will see what Ipoker will do about that...
bagiii7
2904 Nibs: 21,196
Posted on Oct 6th 2008
Comments to the posts. >fritzson.  Table transfers.   I dont think I have been more unlucky than other players. I have played at the iPoker Network for more than 3 years and there have always been the same problems with the table transfers. Half table outsite screen.   I have never seen that for myself but iPoker has a very well-known problem which they "deny" to improve. Their software are way to heavy for older computers if you have under 1GB ram, a minor graphic card and a "slow" internet connection. that makes many problems. Often you will be timed out on some tables if you are multitabling or the whole software will freeze some seconds under a table transfer. iPoker could really learn something from Pokerstars. Disturbing alerts and chat bubbles.   Personally I have cancelled the box for telling me that there is a bonus release. I find that quite disturbing. Same thing with chat bubbles. I can always read it in the chatbox even it is a little harder now when they display your cards there too. More time.   Sorry but I disagree. On iPoker you already have more time compared to the most of other networks. If you think it is not enough then I think you maybe should consider to play fewer tables at same time. Normally I play 5-7 tables without time problems. Bigger cards at minitables. I looked at that and I think there are not enough space for that. Tournament positions, alphabetic tournament lists, avatars, displaying country, points, cash table filters.   Personally I think all those are less importent. That is something which should be done later on after iPoker have improved more importent problems/wishes. Sit out info.   I really disagree with your thoughts. It should always be shown. If not then you will force many players not to multitable. That will mean lesser traffic at the pokersites. For sure the iPoker Network will not remove the information too because more open tables is more money to the site. But there should be other restrictions to sitouts as I have added in the first post. > BMR99425732 Resizeable tables and timebank for tournaments.   Both are good ideas which I will include in the emails. "Slow software".   I have already written something about this problem and I will find a way to include that problem too.
Spyfus
Posted on Oct 6th 2008
Table transfers.   I dont think I have been more unlucky than other players. I have played at the iPoker Network for more than 3 years and there have always been the same problems with the table transfers. sad to hear! I have not notice any problems with the transfer. But I have only been playing for 4 month, but I have been playing a lot of tourneys. If there are a problem they should look into it.   Half table outsite screen.   I have never seen that for myself but iPoker has a very well-known problem which they "deny" to improve. Their software are way to heavy for older computers if you have under 1GB ram, a minor graphic card and a "slow" internet connection. that makes many problems. Often you will be timed out on some tables if you are multitabling or the whole software will freeze some seconds under a table transfer. iPoker could really learn something from Pokerstars. It is only when you go from small to big for big to small. I don't have any problems otherwise. I have not that best computer or the best internet connection. It is working great even with my old 56k modem. Well, I don't know...   Disturbing alerts and chat bubbles.   Personally I have cancelled the box for telling me that there is a bonus release. I find that quite disturbing. Same thing with chat bubbles. I can always read it in the chatbox even it is a little harder now when they display your cards there too. I want to know about bonus money for example and tourney winnings... I want to have controll on my bankroll. What comes in and what goes out... I can always go to the transaction history, but that is not the same thing. I want to know when I am playing. In that case it is great if you have the option to block that function if you want to.   More time.   Sorry but I disagree. On iPoker you already have more time compared to the most of other networks. If you think it is not enough then I think you maybe should consider to play fewer tables at same time. Normally I play 5-7 tables without time problems. I think they have change the time a little.. since last update.. The time is better. Anyway, it would be great with a time bank to use in special situations when you might want to think little extra.   Bigger cards at minitables. I looked at that and I think there are not enough space for that. There are enough space to make them little bigger. They can make the cards little bigger and make the card appear on top of everything else, and make them with bigger numbers. They only need to make the cards you have in the hand bigger. the other are big enough. Tournament positions, alphabetic tournament lists, avatars, displaying country, points, cash table filters.   Personally I think all those are less importent. That is something which should be done later on after iPoker have improved more importent problems/wishes. Small things but still a wish from my side.    Sit out info.   I really disagree with your thoughts. It should always be shown. If not then you will force many players not to multitable. That will mean lesser traffic at the pokersites. For sure the iPoker Network will not remove the information too because more open tables is more money to the site. But there should be other restrictions to sitouts as I have added in the first post. No one force anyone to play less tables. Even if you are playing many table you notice sitouters. I am playing on other site where there is no sitout info in tourneys.. and there is no problem even if you are playing many tables. The different thing is that tables on ipoker are over-laping, which makes it of course harder. Well, our opinions are different and you wanted our wishes.. and this is mine. 
11992 Nibs: 75,250
Posted on Oct 7th 2008
Before the last update, the Ipoker software did a fairly decent job of alerting you once it was your turn to act at a table. Whether that was through the table tab flashing, or a distinct sound (this is the most helpful) the new software just isn't doing multi tablers justice. In the past I would timeout on a table maybe once or twice a night, and I play up to 10 tables. Now I'm timing out 9 or 10 times a night, which is unheard of. I never have that problem on Full Tilt.
It's easier to fish if you're the one casting the reel.
Posted on Oct 7th 2008
Before the last update, the Ipoker software did a fairly decent job of alerting you once it was your turn to act at a table. Whether that was through the table tab flashing, or a distinct sound (this is the most helpful) the new software just isn't doing multi tablers justice. In the past I would timeout on a table maybe once or twice a night, and I play up to 10 tables. Now I'm timing out 9 or 10 times a night, which is unheard of. I never have that problem on Full Tilt.I think it would be great if "active" table would flash or pop up... Not to get infront of another one or block on.... just pop up to the place you placed it... If you are running 9 tables it can be hard to know which is active, you have to look around to find it... and during the time there are 2 new ones whichis active. lol...  
66305 Nibs: 1,530
Posted on Oct 7th 2008
I think most of these are very good comments and some of them should be implemented
Its hard to tell if I,m Bluffing
Posted on Oct 9th 2008  -  Subject: Tourney/cash winning/losing
iPoker has a very good function for history of cash games and tourneys. I think it would be even better if you were able to print it out, or save it to a excel document. I have trying to calculate my winnings and losts from tourneys.. I had to start over and over again,... I started to note every tourney to be able to calc it later, when I had scrolled once the headlines for the tourneys disappeared, and I had forgot which column was which... I had to go back up, and when I was going down again I had lost where I were. It would be good with row numbers or print function or possibility to save it to a excel doc or something like that.. It can be little tough if you have been playing a lots of sngs or tourneys in one day, week or month.. I think it is great with the history, but it would be even better with this I mention above.   Small thing, but a good thing to track your own result and not just close your eyes for your lost... if you are losing. And it is always fun to have a look at the big winning too...
Displaying #1-15 of 103 total posts  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next Last

header

[close]