CHANGE IN FREEROLLS STARTING AUG. 8

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 42 total posts  1 2 3  Next Last
102929 Nibs: 7,871
Posted on Jul 28th 2010  -  Subject: CHANGE IN FREEROLLS STARTING AUG. 8
***WARNING FOR THOSE THAT DIDNT GET THE EMAIL* Someone from PI please confirm this starting in Augest 8th, the tokens, will no longer be the normal 3 level, bronze, silver, and gold,  It will be 6 levels.  Copper,bronze, ruby, silver, emerald, gold.  This also means that the prize pool will decrease for each freeroll.  ALso minimum nib needed for the lowest rank(copper) is 5 nibs and provide a $150 tourney.  ALso, thanks to softnwhat, you will recieve all the tokens in the lower levels too,  Meaning if you get the silver token, you will also, get the bronze,ruby, and copper.   This means that there will not be less players in the lower levels.  Edit: Pokerinside will also be removing the Pokinside Player freeroll. I personally liked the old style freerolls, except the fact that both silver and gold had the same pay out, I always wanted silver prize pool to be $750 and gold to be $1250, but I personally dont like this change.  If my bankroll is low, I earn about 3 nibs a week, which will make my eliable for the copper freeroll, with a prize pool of $150 and over 300 players or if im busy and earn less than 5 nibs, I get nothing at all.  I will now be inactive at Betmost for the most part because of this change (YAY for some players who dont like me :P), I may stick around for Fantasy or the referal freeroll tho.    
99621 Nibs: 1,039
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
I dont like it..    
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
I guess it is a way that they are using to encourage people to earn more nibs.
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
2328 Nibs: 36,909
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
I guess it is a way that they are using to encourage people to earn more nibs.But how do you feel about having to wake up on a Monday morning to play in these (or have you moved from NZ)?
Remember, Mother always knows best!!!!! (lol or at least that's what she always told me;) !)
70383 Nibs: 20,048
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
What if 10 players dont register? since only about 60 total sign up for the silver and gold!!! now if 10 dont sign up the tournament well be cancalled and then zero dollars are awarded? fill us in please! and nothing has been said about the players so therefore I EXPECT it to still go on saturday nights EST!!!
Steel69
63599 Nibs: 4,417
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
***WARNING FOR THOSE THAT DIDNT GET THE EMAIL* Someone from PI please confirm this starting in Augest 8th, the tokens, will no longer be the normal 3 level, bronze, silver, and gold,  It will be 6 levels.  Copper,bronze, ruby, silver, emerald, gold.  This also means that the prize pool will decrease for each freeroll.  ALso minimum nib needed for the lowest rank(copper) is 5 nibs and provide a $150 tourney.  Only good point I see form this is possiblily less players in each freeroll, but personally, I play a lot of bronze freerolls and I dont like the fact that i will get copper instead now cuz its only $150.  And for 100 nibs siler its only $550 prize pool instead of $1000.While the actual silver tournament in the new system is only $550 you actually get tokens to all of the tournaments making your potential prize pool $1400.  
live free love life and play poker
72530 Nibs: 7,337
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
I dont mind this new freeroll format.Obviously PI is trying to get players to chase more nibs,but thats business. My concern is the existing tokens we have.I have 1 silver and 8 bronze that supposedly dont expire and can be used anytime before January 2011.Im sure most guys have unused tokens.Are these still valid PI??.....After August 8th??
Do it right the first time...
102929 Nibs: 7,871
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
***WARNING FOR THOSE THAT DIDNT GET THE EMAIL* Someone from PI please confirm this starting in Augest 8th, the tokens, will no longer be the normal 3 level, bronze, silver, and gold,  It will be 6 levels.  Copper,bronze, ruby, silver, emerald, gold.  This also means that the prize pool will decrease for each freeroll.  ALso minimum nib needed for the lowest rank(copper) is 5 nibs and provide a $150 tourney.  Only good point I see form this is possiblily less players in each freeroll, but personally, I play a lot of bronze freerolls and I dont like the fact that i will get copper instead now cuz its only $150.  And for 100 nibs siler its only $550 prize pool instead of $1000.While the actual silver tournament in the new system is only $550 you actually get tokens to all of the tournaments making your potential prize pool $1400.  so ur saying, the number of people in each tourney will not decrease? that sucks even more -_-
30 Nibs: 7,692
Posted on Jul 28th 2010

This is correct the tournaments will change starting August 8th. For old tokens we will come up with a way to ''convert'' them into the new format.

Posted on Jul 28th 2010
Well Simon as long as your "converting" gives us equal dollar for dollar it should be ok!!!! Therefore a $500 dollar bronze which is already EARNED should give us back $500 in tokens. That is fair until the conversion takes place and then moving forward your changes should take effect.
Steel69
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
Hey Mothersquatch ... still in NZ and have always had to get up early on Monday to play the Bronze or occasional Silver tourny. Lucky for me I can, but I know a lot of people here who have to work Mondays... I guess you cant please everyone all the time ...
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
I guess it is a way that they are using to encourage people to earn more nibs.I think they need a better poker room to get us to play more cause betmost and PI are sinking quick! you cant find a good game anymore on betmost!!!! not with only 4000 avg. playing during prime evening hours in eastern standard time!!
Steel69
110789 Nibs: 5,876
Posted on Jul 29th 2010
so let me get this right, if u earn 5 nibs (2$ fee) you get a token for 150$ pricepool? sounds very predatory according to the past... Ask every non high roller, the freerolls were the main reasons to participate here, this changes could end up in suicide of the pokerinside, i hope u realize this soon enough... :/
gl
80990 Nibs: 6,011
Posted on Jul 29th 2010
This is correct the tournaments will change starting August 8th. For old tokens we will come up with a way to ''convert'' them into the new format.Why have they been moved to be played even later than now? Are PI deliberately trying to piss off its European users? Get them a few hours earlier, or I think I'm done with both PI and BetMost. Some of your players still have to get up very early in the morning and go to work, you know. Maybe it's only the players outside Europe and the big guns who counts??? 17.00 or 18.00 Server time would be much better for us all. Why is that so hard to understand???? Think I'll have to start looking for somewhere else to spend my poker money :(  
1 x Ruby 1st place --- 1 x Ruby 2nd place --- 1 x Ruby 3rd place --- 1 x Bronze 1st place --- 1 x Bronze 3rd place --- 1 x Copper 3rd place --- 1 x Fantasy Poker 1 1st place --- 3 x Fantasy Poker 1 3rd place --- 1 x Fantasy Poker 2 1st place --- 1 x Fantasy Poker 2 2nd place
30 Nibs: 7,692
Posted on Jul 29th 2010

I don't think its suicide at all its just spreading the wealth a little more and not have 300-400 people raking 0.50$( just to get 1 PokerNibs) per week just to get 1200$ in Freerolls token, what about the players that were getting example  100 Poker Nibs or more its those players we were penalizing and not giving them more for their hard play. Basically what I am seeing so far in this thread from a couple members is they base their opinions on their own situation like it was applying to ALL PokerInside members when in fact it doesn't apply at all. If for example you were making 200 Poker Nibs a week you would LOVE to see that yes we do want to reward you for you hard work.

Basically what I am trying to say is, look around the web check the freerolls available for 0.50$ in rake you barely have access to 50$ and 100$ freerolls we were giving out 1200$ every week! and this was penalizing the other players that rake more because they were not having some extra to play for. I think right now its VERY easy to get multiple freerolls tokens and once its started you guys will actually appreciate it, first of all it will tight up the competition which will be a good thing I am sure, and now you don't earn just one token you can earn ALL 6 and play them all on Sunday which is a very great addition in my opinion.

Regarding the starting time, we figured out that the majority of the players were very satisfied with the Bronze/Silver/Gold starting time (nothing compared to the Player and Gambler) so we decide to leave it there since its basically 6-9PM in Europe and its about 2-4PM in EST time. If you think you we can setup better starting time, not only for you, but for a majority of players please feel free to share with us but as you know we can't change a starting time based on one member (if we could we would do it)

As always guys we do welcome the constructive posts, we do welcome critics as well but PLEASE make sure you can back-up your saying with some ideas/suggestions etc just saying ''Oh its bad I won't play again'' etc etc doesn't bring anything constructive and is pretty much pointless since it helps nobody, to make things better.

Sincerely,

Simon

Displaying #1-15 of 42 total posts  1 2 3  Next Last

header

[close]