The definition of "active player" for team competition

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-9 of 9 total posts
2328 Nibs: 36,909
Posted on Nov 7th 2008  -  Subject: The definition of "active player" for team competition
I'm hoping that PI could change the definition of an "active player" from what it is to something more like 10% of the team's total's for that round. As it stands, a player can put in the minium required by the rules on the first day of the month (the rules state, "Any jackpot cash won by any team will be split evenly between all ACTIVE team members for the challenge period. "ACTIVE Member" is a team member that has played 50 Raked Hands or more in the current challenge period. ") .  Now I don't want to feel as a team owner that I need to boot a fellow teammate off quickly, I like to review the month on a weekly bases and I email players who aren't playing to average to see whats going on, Sometimes it takes a couple of days for a reply to come. My main concern is that team owners need a little more protection, so they dont have to become Captain Bligh and start booting players at the slightest sign of not playin up to average? 10% of a team's total that round is fair to all, this way a guy can't just play a couple of Gambler's and qualify, owner's don't have to boot someone who's put in a couple of month's of above average and for some reason takes a week off or has problems with, computers, connection, moving, depositting, school.... (I've heard all of these), and most of all there wont be a big fight when a team hits the Royal and the owner boots off a player whos only played in a couple of FR's, but has 51 rh's?
Remember, Mother always knows best!!!!! (lol or at least that's what she always told me;) !)
75397 Nibs: 6,835
Posted on Nov 8th 2008
Im with you there... But 10% is totally wrong because then everyone on the team should make the same amount of raked hands if only 1 made more then the other 9 then they would all have less then 10% and dont benefit... I think that atlest 2% of the teams total raked hands is a god number or even just 1% that would still be better then just 50 Raked Hnads...
86057 Nibs: 2,347
Posted on Nov 9th 2008  -  Subject: challenge
i agree with you for the 50 r-h.As a team captain myself i feel like the police.On the amount i"m not sure because every team has different players some big some small.there are team with friends who d ont mind the difference between each other in r-h.So 50 not enough and to much not good.maybe 1000 per month.                                                                  good subject  thanks
Posted on Nov 9th 2008
Im with you there... But 10% is totally wrong because then everyone on the team should make the same amount of raked hands if only 1 made more then the other 9 then they would all have less then 10% and dont benefit... I think that atlest 2% of the teams total raked hands is a god number or even just 1% that would still be better then just 50 Raked Hnads...Ya Hinge you're right, 2% is a better #!  I'd just like to see a little more wiggle room as an owner 50rh's can be done far too easy, without realy contributing, I'm also hoping that in future site upgrades, could PI put in a better way of tracking a players RH's. Right now I killin' trees doing a weekly approximent RH's, a tool for tracking RH's per round would be helpful. Even something as simple as just adding another line in the list of "current members" under raked hands that gives the current round total RH's? Or put it in the mange team section, if people want a little privacy. THE"EH"TEAM IS COMING!!!!                                                    NOVEMBER IS OUR MONTH!!!!                                                                                                        TAKE NO PRISONERS!!!!! GOOD LUCK ALL!
Remember, Mother always knows best!!!!! (lol or at least that's what she always told me;) !)
91109 Nibs: 3,714
Posted on Nov 9th 2008
I think this is a hard question! In every team there are at least one or two players who are always behind. PI have 50 RH as minimum for activity, it is less then 2 hands per day counted on a month. If a player has talk good about him / herself and said he/she is a good player and can play this and that, that's not a big problem etc... and in the end just riding on a banana skin,  then it is horrible to find the top players playing 500 hands or more per day. I think this with activity should be set per team. No one needs to be kicked out, but in the end of the month the team can look over the activity and vote if anyone has been acitve or not. If 80% of the team have voted for someone being inactive, the prizes should be split on those who have been active. In the end it is about to have a good teamwork. Everyone want the same thing and everyone is committed to the team. Everyone make the team work and have the team informed if there are anything which makes it hard to collect RHs. I mean, every now and then players have something in life or the bankroll is crying after a bunch of bad beats or anything... With a good teamwork the team will notice if someone is inactive for some reason, and then it is easy to ask why... if no answer for a long time.. well, maybe there should be a good time to see if it is time to re-think about this player. I think it would be good if team members could take up a question about kicking a team member, by putting it on a vote, where you need at least 60% to have the member out of the team.   This is why PI should have a private message system, it is easier to get in touch with players... well, hopefully. Not everyone looks in to the team section every time when they are online.     Well, this was just a few inputs from me.
2x LB3 winner, 1x LB1 winner, 2nd in Player --> The fish can too, if not win it can lose!
33477 Nibs: 5,881
Posted on Nov 13th 2008  -  Subject: Team Section
If they are not looking in the team section, they they are not active. At 50 raked hands max for tourney 1000 rh per month you only need to do 20 per month, which is not what I call active anyway. If you have a few members who do 1000 a week, and with the few who do 51 per month, I would clear these parasites out of the team.
Don't let 3 suited cards on the board scare you
Posted on Nov 28th 2008
A quick question, Simon who do I email, to make sure that the players I cut at the end of this month get thier tix's? Is it Ryan or Cody?  Anyone looking for a team with a 1000rh weekly min, there will be room for 2 or 3 serious players for a top 10 overall team (well 11th, but we'll be top 10 soon). The "EH" Team is the place for you!!!
30 Nibs: 7,692
Posted on Dec 2nd 2008

Sorry for the delay buddy, you can email one of them ( I suggest you Ryan ) if you can't get ahold of him quick enough you can just talk to Mark.

91295 Nibs: 3,269
Posted on Feb 25th 2009
Hello all !!! Yes I think this will be a great idea to have a private message system to talk to our players directly.That way we can work better as a team and achieve our goals. I hope that PI will take that suggestion as a good idea and will look into it.                                            Good day all.
*Edited, no links to other website with affiliates links on it please*
Displaying #1-9 of 9 total posts

header

[close]