My first game..

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-6 of 6 total posts
89548 Nibs: 2,339
Posted on Jun 7th 2008  -  Subject: My first game..
So I got the spadester sponsorship from pokerinside. But I didn't understand all rules and didn't had a good strategy yet,so I just left the $50 on my account,and practise some more at playmoney. I just finished my first realmoney game,I started with a 25 cent one,because I was sure at realmoney there are better players,at ANY stakes than at playmoney.. But the result wasn't that good.. :( it was a game till 150 points,and I only took 3rd with 62 points... :( I really had the feeling to be a spade-fish,like a $0.02/$0.04 FL holdem player who loses 200BB per day..,I mean,I had the feeling while playing that the other players are much better,they everytime reached their Bids for example..which i didn't Would an expirienced player,who reads this,have any suggestions? Because I think I made a big mistake,I made my Bids too high,and got a -30 point-round 2 times... I tried to use basicly the same strategy like the guy in the "how to play spades" video,but as he only played one game,I only saw 3 examples for right Bidding. Could somebody tell me some more examples how much I should Bid in which situations,pls? WOuld be very thankfull :)
playtoy22 on BetMost :)
90944 Nibs: 2,057
Posted on Jun 18th 2008
hehehe hapeends when you dont know the basic on a game ;)
Si no eres paciente y esperas la mano correcta para apostar ten seguro que perderas ;)
89548 Nibs: 2,339
Posted on Jun 18th 2008
I understand the basics,I did watch the spades practise video.. But what else can i do?Is there a site with strategy articles and such stuff?
playtoy22 on BetMost :)
15570 Nibs: 1,071
Posted on Jul 8th 2008
It's quite hard to tell, if you are a spades fish, by just looking at one game. Furthermore it would be interesting, on what you bid in the deals that where set. There are some things that reduce the value of your hand. 1. being low on spades and having a distributional hand. Chances are there will be a lot of cutting going on this hand. 2. AK, KQ, or K in a long suit. it's possible that your K doesn't score a trick. Furthermore, if you bidding in 3rd or 4th position you have to watch the bids of the others, which give a quite good indication usually how strong your hand is. You can kindof use something like this. Estimation of expected quick tricks assuming suit is 4 cards or less: AK = 2 tricks AQ =1 1/2 tricks A = 1 trick KQ = 1 trick Kx = 1/2 trick and downgrade or upgrade your hand according to your distribution. Usually you can add a trick for holding 4 spades. Furthermore leading out from a lone K or AQ can destroy your chances of taking a trick with the K or Q. You usually want your opponents to lead that suit. In best case, your left hand one. Sometimes, being set on a bad distribution is a thing, one just cannot prevent, like losing with Aces.
63432 Nibs: 15,550
Posted on Jul 18th 2008
also add a trick if you are short suited iem 1 or 2 of a suit
sry bout dinner but i won 20 in the tourney
108194 Nibs: 6,331
Posted on Jun 28th 2009
awesome!!!!  
www.TravelTilt.net- TILT-EURO-TRIP starts in aprile 2012
Displaying #1-6 of 6 total posts

header

[close]