How To Bet Horse Racing!

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-10 of 10 total posts
102593 Nibs: 20
Posted on Jan 10th 2009  -  Subject: How To Bet Horse Racing!

How to Bet Horse Racing

Horse racing is one of the time honored traditions of American sports betting. The highlight of this sport takes place every year during the months of May and June with the Triple Crown races, held at three different sites. The Kentucky Derby takes place in Louisville during the first Saturday in May. Two weeks later comes the Preakness Stakes in Bethesda. Finally, after a three-week layoff the Triple Crown season concludes with the Belmont Stakes held in Elmont. These races are just for three-year-old horses and they have the ability to produce big payouts in the exotic wagering. The following is a list of the different types of bets horse racing offers:

Win bet: This is the simplest and most common bet. You bet on a winner at given odds. You collect only if your chosen horse is the first across the finish line.

Place: A wager for place means you collect if your selected horse finishes either first or second.

Show: The third horse across the finish line. A wager to show means you collect if your selected horse finishes either first, second or third.

Pick 3: This wager requires the player to pick the winners of three consecutive races. Some racetracks have a rolling pick 3, which is when the player must pick three races in a row and it continues for the next three races.

The Daily Double: You win if you pick the winner of the first and second race. To bet you say "$2 daily double on 3 (your pick to win in the first race) and 5 (your pick to win in the second race)". Your bet must be placed before the start of the first race.

Quiniela: You win if you pick two horses that finish first and second, in either order, in any single race. To bet you say "$2 quiniela, numbers 5 and 6". If the results of the first two horses are either 5-6 or 6-5, you win.

Quiniela Box: Pick three or more horses. You win if any two of your selections finish first and second. To bet you say "$2 quiniela box on 4, 5 and 6". You are making three separate bets so your minimum bet is $6. If they finish 4-5, 4-6, 6-4, 6-5, 5-4 or 5-6 you win. You can box as few as three or as many as the field.

Perfecta or Exacta: The Perfecta is similar to the Quiniela, except the two horses must finish in the exact order. To bet you say "$3 Perfecta, 5-6". Only if the horses finish 5-6 you win.

Perfecta Box: As with the quiniela box, except the two horses must finish in the exact order. To bet you say "$2 perfecta box on 4,5 and 6". You are making six separate bets so your minimum bet is $12. If they finish 4-5, 4-6, 6-4, 6-5, 5-4 or 5-6 you win. With Perfecta Box, for each extra horse you add to the box the possible combinations get compounded and your number of bets increases accordingly. A "$2 perfecta box on 4 horses" will cost you $24 (12 bets), a "$2 perfecta box on 5 horses" $40 (20 bets), and a "$2 perfecta box on 6 horses " $60 (30 bets).

Straight Trifecta: Pick the first three horses to cross the finish line in exact order. To bet you say "$2 trifecta numbers 7,4 and 5". Only if they finish 7-4-5 you win.

$1 Trifecta Box: Pick three horses to finish first, second and third, in any order. To bet you say "$1 trifecta box 2,3 and 5". You are actually making six $1 bets, so your total bet is $6. If they finish 2-3-5, 2-5-3, 3-2-5, 3-5-2, 5-2-3 or 5-3-2; you win.

$1 Trifecta Key: Pick your favorite horse to win, then two or more others to place and show in any order. To bet you say "$1 trifecta key on 1 with 2 and 3". You are actually making two $1 bets so your total bet is $2. To win your Key horse must win and the other two must finish either 1-2-3 or 1-3-2.

Superfecta: The straight superfecta is played by picking the first four horses to finish in exact order. To bet you say "$2 straight superfecta 1-3-2-8". You would collect if the race finishes exactly 1-3-2-8.

20549 Nibs: 1,055
Posted on Jan 11th 2009
I usually like to bet Exacta Boxes when the prices are right.  I'll usually pick 3 horses and box the exacta, as long as any of the combinations pay off more than the amount spent on the ticket. Sometimes I'll hedge that bet with a WIN bet on a horse that pays off odds that will cover the entire cost of both tickets.
24398 Nibs: 1,164
Posted on Jan 13th 2009
I'm on a straight win. I don't like to complicate my bets. If i'm with friends at the races we will each pick a place pot. That is like your pick 3 but each horse has only to show and it normally needs a pick in every race for the day. We have a side bet (usually two rounds of drinks) on whose wager stays alive the longest
I'm Disco -Come to Kinver sometime and find out why
102687 Nibs: 8
Posted on Jan 15th 2009
Yeah, I agree, I like straight bets.  But sometimes I like to do the $0.10 Superfecta's!
96179 Nibs: 3,388
Posted on Apr 9th 2009  -  Subject: betting on horses kicks ass
betting on horses kicks ass
Give me your money
101488 Nibs: 2,532
Posted on Aug 6th 2009  -  Subject: maniac
I'm maniac now :D
116643 Nibs: 968
Posted on Oct 27th 2009
Wow. Thanx for strategy. At now i need bet to some one > :)   THANX.
NEver say NEVER!
20932 Nibs: 3,782
Posted on Jan 5th 2010
thank you for all I bet only on french races (handicap race) but with your listing, i could studie other race  
navajovici
93011 Nibs: 3,062
Posted on Jan 14th 2010
much better is to bet on ice hockey games, like KHL or NHL, you can get out money many times, there is no loterry like in Horses
133510 Nibs: 370
Posted on Jul 28th 2010
no the nose come on you move your ass
Displaying #1-10 of 10 total posts

header

[close]