what to do with bad flop?

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 17 total posts  1 2  Next Last
61953 Nibs: 1,510
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006  -  Subject: what to do with bad flop?
Any tips on what to do here? E.g another player dishes out a biggish raise and you have AK, AQ AJ or any big top cards and you call. What do you do when the flop is crap and you have nothing but a high, and then your opponant raises you. You havent hit but has he? You dont know because he has called your big raise. What would you do especially if low on chips and he is dominating you chip wise? Thanks
the flop can give you the nuts or kick you in em!!
62141 Nibs: 9
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
If that happened to me where u have a big pocket hand and a crap flop comes and he rasies, I would re raise a bigger amount to see if he is for real. Idealy if he re rasies he either has a flush draw or a pocket pair. In that case just fold. U will lose about half the amount u would if u just called him all the way through
36882 Nibs: 230
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
I would fold because most likely ur beat it also depends on ur opponents playing style(tight or loose) and (passive or aggressive) but If I dont know nothing about them I give them the benefit of the doubt....Also pay attention too the persons betting patterns for different hands
59510 Nibs: 681
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
After years of seeing players including myself overplay hands like AQ, AJ, A 10, and going broke on them when the flop misses I've learned to fold them without a second thought when I know they aren't winning. Alot of people just over value hands because they've heard what great hands they make preflop. Just realize that preflop is only half the battle. If you want to profit learn to fold.
Gimme your chips or I'll beat you with a dead cat... No really, gimme your chips!
60168 Nibs: 46
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
normal i try to fold it. But sometimes try to raise for the pot
62148 Nibs: 13
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
If you want to win at poker the key is to fold at the right time, and I think that this is one of those situations where you should fold. And don't think, when one of your cards appear at the turn or the river that you should have called, because the most of the time the don't come but you tend to forget that.
29532 Nibs: 216
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
its all about saving chips for premium hands. and throwing away chips that you think you are very well behind in the hand is a foolish way to play. you do this 20 time sin a tourny or ring game and you have thrown a percentage of your gross betting chips down the drain.
6761 Nibs: 272
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
raise him all in right back soon as he raises, he's trying to get you out of the hand, so go 50-50......if you're calling a biggiesh raise in the first place why not, unless you wanted to give him those chips ;) Any tips on what to do here? E.g another player dishes out a biggish raise and you have AK, AQ AJ or any big top cards and you call. What do you do when the flop is crap and you have nothing but a high, and then your opponant raises you. You havent hit but has he? You dont know because he has called your big raise. What would you do especially if low on chips and he is dominating you chip wise? Thanks
MAY YOU ALWAYS FIND YOUR POT OF GOLD :)
44118 Nibs: 705
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
This is one of the hardest things in poker. It comes down to knowing the player or able to get a read on him. If you know that he is a rock (like me) fold fast!! If he is a big bluffer , reraise all in. This will force him to fold unless he has hit. Stuff happens!!
Tha Snake
62153 Nibs: 16
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
this is a touch situation in poker especially if you did a little betting pre flop. First of all it is knowing and reading your player and what he has. What i like to do is either paly it low or play overly agressive especially if i have a good hand pre flop. But if he bets that certain amount that tells you he is either trapping you or slow playing his good hand i get away from the hand and fold.
28895 Nibs: 485
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
my advice: don't listen to 1rainbow. his statement is what a typical over aggressive online player thinks like. "ak HAS to be good here, there is no way i'm beat. he's just trying to push me around" if you don't learn to recognize when you are beat and fold accordingly, you will never make money. yes, there are times when AK will be good in this situation, but rainbow seems to be of the train of thought that AK is almost always good in this situation, he is wrong. More often than not, if you make a big preflop bet with AK and get a caller, they have a pocket pair.
60111 Nibs: 284
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
I normally fold it, since bluffing is harder in the internet.
44057 Nibs: 528
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
In tornaments? Or Ring games where you can reload. If uts gonna take me out tournies ill fold. If I can reload, ill call to see it.
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on May 28th 2007
throw it away ;o)
78466 Nibs: 1,307
Posted on May 28th 2007
if you ever get a feeling you are behind, you are likely behind. muck it and keep playing. don't get married to any hand dealt to you, it's a recipe for disaster. don't forget implied odds also, if he is betting huge on the turn, you will likely have to call a huge river bet also, is it worth it for 6 outs(2 overcards) thats about 7:1 odds.
the older i get, the better i was
Displaying #1-15 of 17 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]