tight or loose

Rate this Topic

Displaying #16-19 of 19 total posts First Previous  1 2 
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Nov 5th 2007
Donkey's are supposed to give you lots of money not take lots from you. Consider re-evaluating your play. If you are playing properly in the long rung you will come out ahead of the donkeys. Just because they sucked out on you once or ten times in a row with a backdoor straight, or they caught a 2nd pair on the river, doesn't mean anything: that's just variance. Eventually, you will get your justice. I believe the key to success is to play really really tight in cash games, since you have as much time available as you need. In tourneys however, with the incresing blind levels, you have to play a bit more loosely... God I like your signature quote!!! 1st time I see it, but its exactly what I think about poker!!! I once tought I was a genius but when I hit the 5-10 NL games I realize I was just an average player playing with dickheads!! So I went back down to 2-4 and 1-2... lol Jacky
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Nov 5th 2007
WOW!! I read the entire post and it seems that most people here think that playing very thight in cash game is the most profitable strategy. What do you mean by very tight? For me, when I label a player as very tight, it means he will play 7+ AK AQ from most positions and 22-55 KQ AJ from good positions or with a good discount. Is that what you mean?
69416 Nibs: 1,653
Posted on Nov 5th 2007
mix it up - that's the answer to all th games...
18128 Nibs: 1,346
Posted on Nov 11th 2007
Add this in cash game: always take advantage on position, primarily in full ring. Every time in late position, with no-limpers: raise. Every time last to action at flop, with no action before: bet. In long run that's work. PS: I think the most profitable attitude is "loose aggressive". GL AT THE TABLE
Limit is a science, No-Limit is an art.
Displaying #16-19 of 19 total posts First Previous  1 2 

header

[close]