tight or loose

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 19 total posts  1 2  Next Last
70520 Nibs: 5,033
Posted on Feb 7th 2007  -  Subject: tight or loose
when i'll play cash games i find that harder to do then tournaments most of the time. It is like i have more aggression in a tourney then in cash games. Or is it that in tourney's is more fish and in cash games more donkey's. I hate donkey's because in a cash game they have cost me a lot of money. They win with very much luck holding crab against some very strong hands by a lucky draw they have maybe not seen them selves. And if they won such hand theygo often away with your money, left me on the table thinking.......who's the donkey now lol
73955 Nibs: 47,467
Posted on Feb 7th 2007
Donkey's are supposed to give you lots of money not take lots from you. Consider re-evaluating your play. If you are playing properly in the long rung you will come out ahead of the donkeys. Just because they sucked out on you once or ten times in a row with a backdoor straight, or they caught a 2nd pair on the river, doesn't mean anything: that's just variance. Eventually, you will get your justice.
27203 Nibs: 26,355
Posted on Feb 13th 2007
Donkey's are supposed to give you lots of money not take lots from you. Consider re-evaluating your play. If you are playing properly in the long rung you will come out ahead of the donkeys. Just because they sucked out on you once or ten times in a row with a backdoor straight, or they caught a 2nd pair on the river, doesn't mean anything: that's just variance. Eventually, you will get your justice. I believe the key to success is to play really really tight in cash games, since you have as much time available as you need. In tourneys however, with the incresing blind levels, you have to play a bit more loosely...
--- "Most of the money you'll win at poker comes not from the brilliance of your own play, but from the ineptitude of your opponents." - Lou Krieger
4935 Nibs: 820
Posted on Feb 13th 2007
It is also my opinion, that you have to play tighter i cash-games. But it is not correct to play tight all the time.. If everybody on the table plays tight, it can sometimes pay off to play a bit more aggresive..
Good luck at the tables Lucas
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on May 6th 2007
I always prefer to play tight because of such donkeys..
63599 Nibs: 4,417
Posted on May 6th 2007
Remember, you can't bluff a bad player or one that is willing to call.
live free love life and play poker
77378 Nibs: 500
Posted on May 6th 2007
I know that feeling
Ben
51227 Nibs: 1,850
Posted on May 7th 2007
I play in a regular cash game with a big donkey. He loves to play lots of hands and loves to call as long as he has something (maybe bottom pair or a runner runner draw). Most of the time he loses his money to me or one of the other players who are better. There were a couple of times recently where I lost money because he caught some great cards with his awful play. I really was dicouraged by that but I just figure that in the long run I'm going to come out way ahead of him. I guess this is just my thoughts on donkey's sucking out on a good player.
49357 Nibs: 5,464
Posted on May 9th 2007
I enjoy playing loose in cheap pots alot more in cash games. You have to be able to laydown a big hand sometimes. Play smaller stakes and not at a table with all donks or calling stations. Play aggresive and they never know when to fold (especially when they have top pair). It is much easier to outplay someone in a live game. Also in cash games you can just keep putting up more money and hope if your down they dont leave with your money. Wait for that right moment and crack that opponent good.
They say if you can't spot the sucker within 30 minutes, you're it. I saw 9 of them the second I sat down. -Vaughn
13612 Nibs: 96,991
Posted on Sep 14th 2007
I always prefer the tight aggresive approach. Always find this strategy works for me for cash games, online and tournament play. But you have to find what works for you and run with it.
Make Money, Not Friends at the Table
18128 Nibs: 1,346
Posted on Sep 17th 2007
When I joined a table with unknow players, I play an hour very tight then I open my game and I try to take advantage of my image. GL AT THE TABLE
Limit is a science, No-Limit is an art.
29660 Nibs: 23,624
Posted on Sep 17th 2007
How does that work for you?
81928 Nibs: 650
Posted on Sep 17th 2007
it depends on who is at your table. I have a friend that plays like that all the time. he plays every hand, almost all the time. and he gets so lucky with hands like 5 2 and hes calling a 5$ bet with that hand and he will catch a pair of 2's and he will call another 5-10$ bet and catch another 2. all the time he does this. sometimes he will lose quite a bit of money but most of the time he will catch everything and win quite a bit. its crazy. I understanding switching up your play and confusing your opponents with your hands. but its hard to play a guy who calls every hand and catches every hand. we play a 20$ game with 25 cent and 50 cent blinds. but he calls every hand. every time. DONKEY!
ALL IN! Take Er EZ!, If she's EZ take er Twice..
71070 Nibs: 7,293
Posted on Oct 21st 2007
When I joined a table with unknow players, I play an hour very tight then I open my game and I try to take advantage of my image. GL AT THE TABLE &don't bluff a callingstation ;)
3302 Nibs: 776
Posted on Nov 5th 2007
when i'll play cash games i find that harder to do then tournaments most of the time. It is like i have more aggression in a tourney then in cash games. Or is it that in tourney's is more fish and in cash games more donkey's. I hate donkey's because in a cash game they have cost me a lot of money. They win with very much luck holding crab against some very strong hands by a lucky draw they have maybe not seen them selves. And if they won such hand theygo often away with your money, left me on the table thinking.......who's the donkey now lol Well... I'm a very profitable NL holdem cash game player, and believe me, without all those donkeys around, I would'nt even be able to beat the rake! So you must learn to live with them... or quit poker!!! ; ) But to answer te question, of course you can afford to play looser pf in a NL cash game than in a NL MTT... you and your opponents simply have most of the time around 5 times more money in fornt of you. So every time you hit the nuts, you can expect to make a 5 times bigger pot. I can see myself calling a 4X raise in a cash game with 68s and position with 1 caller in front of me if we all have 100+ BBs stacks... or at least the raiser and me... But no way I will call the same raise in a tournament with that hand if we only have 20-30 BBs... and at 30 BBs I consider myself pretty comfortable in a NL MTT!! This is simple math IMHO!
Displaying #1-15 of 19 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]