The way the site is.

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-8 of 8 total posts
22899 Nibs: 1,894
Posted on Jul 23rd 2007  -  Subject: The way the site is.
Everytime I've played here 75% of the hands were won with the low hand. So if you have low hand before flop stay and win.
Just because i rock doesn't mean i'm made of stone.
80707 Nibs: 4,381
Posted on Jul 24th 2007
Feel the same way. Can't believe the sh*t that keeps calling from way behind to consistently hit the miracle draws, but when the shoe is on the other foot i.e. when I have the drawing hand does it ever hit, nope , not once. Now I know that I haven't seen the 'long run' with any of these hands or even in terms of how long I've played, but if you were to look at the ratio between the situations, there is no balance.
ciao for now
29660 Nibs: 23,624
Posted on Jul 24th 2007
Which site you taking about riverman?
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Jul 25th 2007
I hate that term "in the long run" .... sounds very expensive
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
Posted on Jul 31st 2007
Yes Samoh 1 it can be, but the idea is to be on the winning side where it is expensive for them and profitable for you.
ciao for now
11992 Nibs: 75,250
Posted on Aug 7th 2007
when the shoe is on the other foot i.e. when I have the drawing hand does it ever hit, nope , not once. I find this statement quite hard to believe. I am all too familiar with players sucking out on me with draws when I have them up against the wall, in fact I have a post in this section on just that topic. However, it would be a blatant lie if I said that I had never pushed all in on a semi bluff, or called when I probably shouldn't have simply because I felt I had enough outs to warrant such a call. Sometimes I was dead wrong and didn't have enough outs, either way, I have had the benefit of the occasional suckout, although I prefer not to put myself in a situation where I need to catch to win. The thing about poker is that we often have no difficulty remembering the horrendous beats we take, but find it quite the opposite in remembering the big wins when we caught to win. I believe Matt Damon in Rounders says something just to that effect, and I completely agree. I recall many a suckout, but not many when I sucked out to win. Keep playing properly and the long run does eventually put things in your favour, the problem is determing exactly how "long" the long run is.
It's easier to fish if you're the one casting the reel.
Posted on Aug 7th 2007
Okay, so maybe it was a little fib, but I constantly find people calling and calling, without "proper" odds to hit 3, 2, and even the odd 1 outer. Whereas, when I have 15 outs, the other player wins with an under pair.
ciao for now
13612 Nibs: 96,991
Posted on Sep 5th 2007
It is always easier to remember the great bad beats you have taken then the many winning hands you have had. That is poker in a nutshell. When you are running good you hit your draws and your strong hands hold up but when you are running bad you just never seem to get there. Keep playing your best poker and it will turn around for you.
Make Money, Not Friends at the Table
Displaying #1-8 of 8 total posts

header

[close]