taking a poker break

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-9 of 9 total posts
28325 Nibs: 256
Posted on Jul 12th 2006  -  Subject: taking a poker break
well i had to listen to the advice that most of you gave me. after being beat to death from bad beat after bad beat i decided to quite for over a week.it has seamed to help i played my first game today and managed to put $50 back into my struggling bankroll. i know i have the capablities to do it, i started playing with $2.20 and turned into over a $1,000 so im sure i can work my $73 back into a healthy stack.but the week off seamed to help some i hope my cold run is over
no limpin when im poker pimpen
8613 Nibs: 5,359
Posted on Jul 12th 2006
Damnnn.. u lost ur 1000 roll! gaining that roll from virtually nothing is an amazing accomplishment. But losing it is pretty bad. A poker break was a great idea! Good luck in rebuilding ur bankroll!
Better Lucky then Good!
35829 Nibs: 424
Posted on Jul 12th 2006
This is why i like playing tourneys instead of cashgames.. I only end up loosing what ive allready earned! Ive had a bad time playing poker myself this last week. Have been busted out of tourneys without make it to the bubble several times. Lost with AK vs K9, QQ vs JJ etc. So I took a few days of. It helps! Playd my first sng last night and won :) It felt good! I sure hope it will contineue for a long time..
- See you at the tables, ill probably be the one with all your chips! ;)
13919 Nibs: 3,063
Posted on Jul 12th 2006
when running bad it feels like you are the most unlucky person in the world but not EVERY hand is a bad beat. we sometimes fail to see our own subtle mistakes (usually the result of tilt). taking a short time off helps but i also recommend refreshing on some poker literature aswell
29479 Nibs: 2,145
Posted on Jul 12th 2006
wow its funny everybody posts about hav ing a bad week at the same time. Usually in the MTT's i play i make the money 50% of the time and make the final table about 20% of the time and top 3 like 5% of the time. But last week i played the 3 MTT's at night i usually play and NEVER even got in the money! But last night i finished 4th in 1. Oddly enough i lost because of a 3way allin, my KK vs QQ and 33. QQ hit set on river of course. But that was the first bad beat i had in the tourny. And i guess in a 3 way pot its not a horrible beat at all. Last week i specifically remember a guy called his whole stack to me preflop with 45o and i had AJs (i went allin and he called) He hit the 5 on the flop and no jack or ace for me. I woulda loved to chase him down lol. But it seems all is well now. Maybe CDPoker had a week it was programmed to let the fish win to keep em playing so that we can keep makin money off them in the long run :-p
1884 Nibs: 58,944
Posted on Jul 14th 2006
We have to understand the subtle differences between SOLID POKER...and GAMBLING! We also have to remember a LOT of players from ALL OVER THE WORLD get together to play online poker. Just because the way some others play poker OR gamble on every hand(high or small stakes)..isn't something we agree with...doesn't mean it was the wrong move. Look at some of the hands that have won the WSOP and other major poker events. I have had MONSTER pre-flop hands ran over again and again just as much as any of you and probably more than some.........:) Will I change my style of play to accomodate these types of "gamblers".....NO WAY!! I WANT them to keep calling with junk...I don't mind losind $50 to make $500 from the same type of player.......:) The times that we have gotten run over are usually FAR LESS than the times we are glad the "donks" called with the same hand. We only seem to remember the "bad beats" NOT the times we've profited immensley from this type of "loose" play. Am I wrong here?...I don't think so..please share your thoughts cheers.jeff
I.. am the BOOM!! in BOOMSHAKALAK!!
52400 Nibs: 1,833
Posted on Jul 14th 2006
you probably played badly once you started losing a decent amount. people who are losing tend to play looser and push with draws etc. because they want to get back to being even.
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on May 22nd 2007
I think a break is the best idea if you have a bad day..
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on May 22nd 2007
I think a break is the best idea if you have a bad day..
Displaying #1-9 of 9 total posts

header

[close]