Share your knowledge! Ask the pros!

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 203 total posts  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next Last
20 Nibs: 2,287
Posted on Jul 28th 2006  -  Subject: Share your knowledge! Ask the pros!

Let's face it, we all have a lot to learn when it comes to poker and the "right" way to play. One of the great things about this game is that there is always room for improvement, which is why we created this Forum.

Please share your poker knowledge with the rest of our members! In addition, ask questions! Surely there are pros here that will help you on your way to poker profitability!!!

58756 Nibs: 141,425
Posted on Jul 28th 2006
I believe if you play alot and more then one table at a time you should use an odds calaculator. I started to use one about 5 months and my game has went to a new level. It alway good to how many outs you have right away. which starting hands to play from each postion. Playing the Pot Odds can be a very profit strategy. Odds calaculator are the best way to learn how to play and be profitable. some exmaple are the holdem genius( is the one i use) and calculatem pro. You can get both of them free if you look for them
37830 Nibs: 529
Posted on Jul 28th 2006  -  Subject: getting better at poker
Listen guys,pay attention to what Im about to say,PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE,that is how u get better.The more hands u play the better u get(assuming u can grasp the concept of the game)Getting bad beats,losing with pocket Aces and so on.Its human nature to learn from your own mistakes eventually.(some ppl it will take longer than others )but, YOU WILL GET BETTER.Iguarentee it. good luck to all and see you on the tables.
THEJAWZ IS IN THE RIVER
5580 Nibs: 2,130
Posted on Jul 29th 2006
I played play money for over 6 months until I could take their initial 1k chips to 1 million and not by all innin the 1k and refilling it every loss. By playing with the 1k as real money and not refilling it or losing it. I put in 10$ 2 years back and that has been the sum total of my money put into poker. I pulled about $750 off that site in a year, then lost my roll. I did not put any money back in, I played their freerolls until I won 30$ then turned that into about 150$ in a few months then got the 20$ sponsorship to CD. After a week here I pulled all my money out of old site after had won more than old bankroll in a week. I played the micro sng's to build a bankroll, always looking for best odds on payouts vs # of players. I also learned a new game here at CDpoker, omaha and hi lo, these have turned into very profitable games for me even more consistant than hold has been. I learned these games with play chips then played in the mtt's and sng's. I have tried to learn cash table play, and I guess I have a winning record over all my sessions, but the ups and downs on my roll are too dramatic for my taste and roll. I do see if I want to be pulling cash out every single day I will have to master the cash games. But monthly I am nothing but a ATM, always pulling cash out. When I stop living off my winnings I will step up to a new limit in the fall, but can definitely make enough to survive on just on $5 or less mtt's and sng's. Good luck to all, I'd go with the practice practice advice. While those odds calculators can be helpful to online play, I don't use nor would I recommend artificial means of thinking during a game. By all means learn how to calculate the odds get a chart study it whatever, but all this play is supposed to be teaching you, to remove one part of the thought process for a artificial calculator can only make you a weaker player when you can't use it. Though can certainly see using one while studying with play chips to help verify you figuring out the odds right. By the time you playing for cash if you can't make these calcs in your head you have handicapped yourself. Just MHO YMMV
Just because I'm moody, doesn't mean you're not irritating.
38898 Nibs: 6,124
Posted on Jul 29th 2006
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK ::::Here's what works well for me:::: Hands to Raise with: These are 'premium hands' that you want to jam the pot with preflop: (I never rasie more then 5x big blind unless it takes more then half my stack then I go all in) AA, KK, QQ, AK, JJ, AQ, TT Hands to call with: You want to see the flop with these hands and then decide. Do not call more than three bets with these hands, call only once maybe twice. AJ, KQ, QJ, JT, T9 (only if of same suit), 99, 88, 77, Ax (same suit) The Flop, if you do not have Top Pair, Two Pair, a Set (3 of a kind), 4 to the Flush, or 4 to the straight fold to any bet. If you have Top Pair bet or fold if there is a made hand on the board (3 suited cards or 3 consecutive cards or there is a pair on the board) you will fold 67% or more of your hands at the flop. If we have a set bet and raise, if holding 4 to the flush bet and raise, if holding 4 to the straight, bet and call. The Turn, still betting, but WATCHING for a call station to come alive if the board pairs, or to suddenly start betting when an odd rag card hits –someone made a hand time to fold, if everyone is calling that’s fine for you if they are raising top pair – time to call, if raising you with 2 pair or a set I am re-raising, if I am on a draw, if it is the nut draw I am calling, if it’s a flush and the betting is heavy, if you do not have the A or K as part of the flush – consider folding here, nothing worse than absorbing all the bets only to lose to a better flush.. The River, no matter what, if the bet is checked to you bet. Even if you missed your draw, if there is a bet and you believe you have the hand raise, if not sure call – one bet will not kill your bankroll. Hope someone can bene from it. -E
1884 Nibs: 58,944
Posted on Jul 30th 2006
ask away...........I'll help if i can...........:P cheers.jeff
I.. am the BOOM!! in BOOMSHAKALAK!!
Posted on Jul 30th 2006
Defintition of a "pro" is as follows...50% or more of personal income derived from playing poker...........:) Guess I'm a "pro".................yayyyyy.....:) cheers.jeff
42956 Nibs: 1,694
Posted on Jul 30th 2006
Defintition of a "pro" is as follows...50% or more of personal income derived from playing poker...........:) Guess I'm a "pro".................yayyyyy.....:) cheers.jeff might want to clear that definition up a bit...because by that definition I would qualify as a "pro"....but only because Im "too busy" with school and other things to get a real job. how about this for a definition for "Pro"-someone who pays the bills with their poker winnings.
What does poker have to do with terrorism?
Posted on Jul 30th 2006
sure.....I think i still qualify..........:) cheers.jeff
43203 Nibs: 1,490
Posted on Jul 31st 2006
post the links to them cuz evryone ive found needs a phd to use
shut up and deal
58063 Nibs: 58,425
Posted on Jul 31st 2006
The fish out there still pays my bills so I should qualify :)
A big thank you to all the fish out there for paying my bills! :)
36882 Nibs: 230
Posted on Aug 1st 2006
I got a question for all u pros that I want an opinion about.....when u have like middle too upper pair pre-flop how do u know when too fold them too a higher pre-flop pair....is it mostly luck....just wondering what runs through ur mind too make u call or fold
Posted on Aug 1st 2006
depending on how expensive it is to call the flop..I'll usually try to limp in...if there's already a pre-flop raise before it's my turn to act I'll re-raise to try and get the "junk" out of the way and create a HU situation to better my chances.. If the betting is still coming at me hard and I don't spike s et by the turn...I usually lay it down....unless I feel my PP is standing up... cheers.jeff
41033 Nibs: 875
Posted on Aug 1st 2006  -  Subject: Ask the pros!
Oh gosh, I will ask any PRO players I would love to ask PRO for anything to improve to my games. If Pro player out there, I would like to learn strategy more about No limit and Pot Limit even the HORSE . I also have hard time to read people when they hit two pairs and uh.. set the flop, and position. How I know if I am out of the way on the position. how can I deal with people who call anything? I know there r many many ways to learn strategy. I would like some advices from ya all how to kick ppl's butts everytime I win :) Also how to deal with crazy people who love to re-raise on nothing.
49092 Nibs: 1,358
Posted on Aug 2nd 2006
i have no problem folding a hand the situation makes my decision for me ihave many of times folded A high flush even straights most of my decisions depend on the player (s) if i dont know the player or new to the table i will pay him off in cash game also i pay attention to betting patterns ESPCIALLY online
Arjan
Displaying #1-15 of 203 total posts  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9  Next Last

header

[close]