poker bots

Rate this Topic

Displaying #16-27 of 27 total posts First Previous  1 2 
42832 Nibs: 1,844
Posted on Sep 18th 2006
Why is it soo hard to fathem a poker bot? We have all seen the holdem odds calculator. Tie that in with DDE commands to fold, bet and call and you got yourself a pokerbot. Seeing the hole cards is another story though. Grabbing 9 private sessions from client computers seems excessive. Perhaps there is a static shuffle that can be identified. I know ongame skins middle deal, (use the RNG for every card) so thats a dynamic shuffle. Anyway, in my opinion, using a bot is not cheating, viewing hole cards is cheating. Under the above terms, I dont think any cheating is taking place on CD poker and if there was, they would catch it immidiatly.
BJC
2627 Nibs: 118
Posted on Sep 18th 2006
I thought I was confused before, but after reading all these posts, I am even more confused, lol. I always thought bots were computer generated by the site. I have seen the ads for the software that says you can see everyones cards, and even though I am a very gullible person, lol, I can't believe this is possible. I too would like it proven to me. JulieBlues
40835 Nibs: 15,275
Posted on Sep 19th 2006
Poker bots probably do exist they wouldnt be too hard to code. Programs that show other players cards are a tad more complicated since there is no way you can get the IP's of the other players at the tables unless you find some way to hack into the poker site's servers. And if you manage to do that you might as well transfer all the funds to some bogus neteller account that is wired to a bank account over seas directly instead of trying to cheat at poker.
Hollin
59510 Nibs: 681
Posted on Sep 19th 2006
LMAO. I respect everybody here, but to think that bots do not exist is just ignorance. A bot is actually very easy to create if you can dissassemble the source code of the poker client, and have a solid programming knowledge, and some experience with databases. It's actually alot like creating a computer chess program that has to work with an external window. As for the program that supposedly shows you other players cards my position still stands that it's nearly impossible.
Gimme your chips or I'll beat you with a dead cat... No really, gimme your chips!
6609 Nibs: 885
Posted on Sep 19th 2006  -  Subject: bots
I hate to disagree with some... but bots do exist. They dont have the ability to do anything outrageous. But they play pretty solid. They dont make mistakes in the mathematical realm. Which for them is a disadvantage in some ways as they cant emulate the human aspects of the game. Most sites can detect most of them, but they are out there. Beware of people that dont respond to anyone. I dont think they really are a great advantage if you know your game. But Id rather not see them out there and most sites know that. Collusion is more of a problem than bots personally. Its just a computerized player.... They exist in the offline world... its not that far of a leap to the online world. Jim
52720 Nibs: 7,400
Posted on Sep 19th 2006
A bot is actually very easy to create if you can dissassemble the source code of the poker client I would hope poker rooms dont usually hand out their source code to every one. And i expect the security agianst hacking is pretty tight. So you method doesnt really appear very easy to me.
54687 Nibs: 134
Posted on Sep 19th 2006  -  Subject: Poker bots
Poker bots probably do exist they wouldnt be too hard to code. Programs that show other players cards are a tad more complicated since there is no way you can get the IP's of the other players at the tables unless you find some way to hack into the poker site's servers. And if you manage to do that you might as well transfer all the funds to some bogus neteller account that is wired to a bank account over seas directly instead of trying to cheat at poker. Now, I am not an expert but from hearing many dicussions about hacking a few questions come to mind. If you had a persons IP address or can intercept the packets of data (I heard this can be done) going between a server and computer, would it be possible to see the cards? I wonder how a hacker would approach this problem? It would be interesting if a poker website would offer a prize or reward to test this idea. I know internet security companies offer a reward to hackers in a contest to see if their security can be breached. They have an annual competition and so far the hackers have always been able to get through. Just what does the online poker companies do to try and detect this type of activity? Much more of this and I'll be able to make a movie.
3481 Nibs: 1,459
Posted on Sep 19th 2006  -  Subject: Bots exist
Poker bots sure do exist, they have competitions in Las Vegas Bot vs Bot and Pro vs Bot. As far as seeing others cards. I have seen program advertized that let you see all the cards of other people who have bought the software more like a P2P network of palyers. I also gather from the newsgroups that they offer the software for like $50 and then you have to upgrade for another $79 or so to see other members cards. I remember back in 1999 or so when Planet Poker "forgot" to randomize their cards and people could tell what cards were coming next. I got screwed there! I remember thinking at the time "Why would he call with those cards?" Now I know! I saw people talking about it in the newsgoups a few months later.
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on Jun 3rd 2007
It's not fair that they exist..
78986 Nibs: 1,263
Posted on Jun 3rd 2007
It's true that they exist and are easily found on the internet, but I find that you can use it to your advantage. Just play to make them chase their draws and fold decent hands.
:)
79004 Nibs: 321
Posted on Jun 3rd 2007
I remember back in 1999 or so when Planet Poker "forgot" to randomize their cards and people could tell what cards were coming next. OMFG. .does that happened really ? .. i know they exist. i saw'em play live and they played not that bad.
I'll checkraise my own grandma!
14584 Nibs: 1,289
Posted on Jun 12th 2007
It's true that they exist and are easily found on the internet, but I find that you can use it to your advantage. Just play to make them chase their draws and fold decent hands. Yes....they sure do exist, I know of one poker room personally that will put a couple of bots out so that it looks like someone is playing and others will join.
Don't argue with me...
Displaying #16-27 of 27 total posts First Previous  1 2 

header

[close]