playin a/q or a/k

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-6 of 6 total posts
58823 Nibs: 254
Posted on Jul 26th 2006  -  Subject: playin a/q or a/k
Ok these hands tend to get me in trouble..sometimes i tend to limp em early with the motive to reraise ( i play at an aggressive table) but more often then not i find myself up against a bigger hand or just simple getting out spun with these hands. I am lost on how to play em. I seem to well with em in tournys but em getting killed in cash games with em! Any tips??
May your pots be monsters and your cards be live
37491 Nibs: 527
Posted on Jul 26th 2006  -  Subject: aq - ak
You still have to consider position, and the other chip stacks. Especially in tournament play a raise of 4-5x the BB sometimes isnt enough to get the donkey to lay down 5-8 off suit. lol
25133 Nibs: 34,067
Posted on Jul 26th 2006
always raise see where ur at pre flop,,if u get reraised its a big decision but usually will be ok to call,,se the flop,,if u dont flop it drop it,,best motto there is
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on May 25th 2007
It must be easy to you to lay down for example ak if you feel that some one has a better hand
78466 Nibs: 1,307
Posted on May 25th 2007
AK or AQ is going to get you smaller pots, you will end up with TPTK or 2 pair, if your hand is small or weak then you want to try and take out smallish, or weak pots with it. no fancy all-in stuff, be patient and save trying to double up with monster hands fullhouse and up, those hands will stand up against a race or draw. there are so many hand variations that can bet TPTK or 2 pair that it is not worth risking your bankroll on it.. i lost most of my cdpoker bankroll doing this very thing, when i should have just bet a couple blinds and see more cards, then i could have seen the str8 or fllush coming and folded saving me tons of money. small hand = small pot, monster hand = monster pot.
the older i get, the better i was
5255 Nibs: 1,942
Posted on May 26th 2007
I agree it is tough to win large pots with AK or AQ unless you are at an inexperienced table with players who will overplay AJ, AT, KQ.
You gotta be in it to win it!
Displaying #1-6 of 6 total posts

header

[close]