Here to answer questions about cash games

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 99 total posts  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next Last
7565 Nibs: 834,187
Posted on Nov 14th 2006  -  Subject: Here to answer questions about cash games
Hi if you don't know me i play under the alias 2eazy on cd poker. I have been playing for a living for 2 years, I have basically crushed every limit on cd poker starting with 1 2 nl . My current game is 5-6 tabling 5-10nl,In the 2 years i have been playing for a living, i have pretty much experience everything a poker player can experience from losing 30k in 3 days to winning over 100k in a day. So If anybody has any questions about cash game strategy or bankroll management or anything poker related i will be here to answer questions
60359 Nibs: 15,565
Posted on Nov 14th 2006
That's an impressive record unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get any where near that won't be for the lack of trying. I mainly play $0.50/$1.00 nl cash games and an area I need to improve quickly is Reading Player's which is something I really struggle with. I write down any starting hands I see from other players at the table what kind of thing's should I be looking out for and more importantly how should I apply them to my game? Any advice will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance.
Posted on Nov 14th 2006
The best learning tool for me was dan harrington on holdem for the basic fundementals of the games,
69416 Nibs: 1,653
Posted on Nov 15th 2006
That's an impressive record unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get any where near that won't be for the lack of trying. I mainly play $0.50/$1.00 nl cash games and an area I need to improve quickly is Reading Player's which is something I really struggle with. I write down any starting hands I see from other players at the table what kind of thing's should I be looking out for and more importantly how should I apply them to my game? Any advice will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. A good start would be to at least start tracking how often they see the flop and how often they raise pre-flop vs post flop and if they see flop, how often they see all the way to river. See less hands than your opponents and you will have better hands than they when you are in. From the flop-see percentage and pre-flop raise you can determine how good pockets they tend to play.
13612 Nibs: 96,991
Posted on Nov 15th 2006
BMW, do you only play the big limits now?? I thought I saw you play some small stuff like 1/2 the other day. Thought maybe I played against you. Just wondering what type of bankroll you are carrying to multitable those big limits. I was also wondering if you prefer to come to the table with a full stack or if you bring a partial stack to the table? I usually bring a half stack and that has worked for me when building my bankroll. Am very interested in your response.
Make Money, Not Friends at the Table
58731 Nibs: 18,154
Posted on Nov 15th 2006  -  Subject: talking to a pro
if you are starting out on ring tables say with very little should i play 50/1 or 25/50
nomad2727ca
Posted on Nov 15th 2006
BMW, do you only play the big limits now?? I thought I saw you play some small stuff like 1/2 the other day. Thought maybe I played against you. Just wondering what type of bankroll you are carrying to multitable those big limits. I was also wondering if you prefer to come to the table with a full stack or if you bring a partial stack to the table? I usually bring a half stack and that has worked for me when building my bankroll. Am very interested in your response. The lowest i play is 2-4nl because there isn't enough high stakes game running on cd, haven't played 1-2 in about 2 years. I have about a 100k roll but that is excessive, at 1-2nl and under i would recommend a 20 buy in rule, between 2-4 and 3-6nl 30 buy in, and 5-10 and over i would recommend 50 buy ins, Higher you go more variance . I bring a full stack, and reload every dollard that im down, i am really tryng to maximize my wins, but there is very profitable short stack strategy it just doesn't go with my style very well.
Posted on Nov 15th 2006
if you are starting out on ring tables say with very little should i play 50/1 or 25/50 try and play with min 10 buy ins, so if you have 500$ play 25-50, If you don't have the proper bankroll no mather how good you are eventually you will go bust. Variance is a bitccccccccccccch
Posted on Nov 15th 2006
That's an impressive record unfortunately I don't think I'll ever get any where near that won't be for the lack of trying. I mainly play $0.50/$1.00 nl cash games and an area I need to improve quickly is Reading Player's which is something I really struggle with. I write down any starting hands I see from other players at the table what kind of thing's should I be looking out for and more importantly how should I apply them to my game? Any advice will be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance. good question, i think this is pretty complex question but for the most part you are tryng to pick up betting patterns what he does when he has a big hand,and what he does when hes weaker. When you are faced with making a big call look back at the hand and ask yourself what hands beat you and would he play those hands the way he did, if i can't put the puzzle together it usually means its a bluff and i will call him. When you are facing a river call look at the pot odds for example if its 3-1 , remember that you only need to be right 1 time on 3 for your call to be profitable. SO basically you want you're call to be USUALLy right not all the time. Sometimes you just gotta pay him off. Look at the hands you can beat and the hands that beat you . If you could logically beat alot of hands that would make the bet then call.
69142 Nibs: 510
Posted on Nov 16th 2006
bmwmcoupe, Do you use some tool when playing... Such as texas calculatem or similar ?
Posted on Nov 16th 2006
bmwmcoupe, Do you use some tool when playing... Such as texas calculatem or similar ? pokeroffice
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Nov 17th 2006
What would be your average weekly / monthly / yearly income from playing poker??? How long did it take you to start off ??
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
Posted on Nov 17th 2006
What would be your average weekly / monthly / yearly income from playing poker??? How long did it take you to start off ?? been playing for about 2 years, good month is around 50-70k bad month is 15-20k
48267 Nibs: 3,787
Posted on Nov 17th 2006
I would love to play poker for a living (who wouldnt) ... what would be I key thing that you feel someone needs to work on or develop in order to get to the next level of play ? e.g. positional play? pot odds? aggresiveness? etc
SAMOH1 Play hard, play fair, always play to win
69463 Nibs: 1,030
Posted on Nov 20th 2006
hi bmw, what i really struggle with is putting my opponent on a range of hands he could hold. i always try to analyse betting patterns etc even (and especially) when i'm not involved in a hand, but it seems very hard to acquire the ablility to read opponents correctly (also because on the microstakes i play, there are lots of donkeys who are totally unreadable). what can i do to improve this skill? is it just about practice or are there special hints 'n' clues that i could use in order to facilitate this?
_______________________________________________ remember guys: flies spread disease. so keep yours closed.
Displaying #1-15 of 99 total posts  1 2 3 4 5 6 7  Next Last

header

[close]