handling bad beats

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-6 of 6 total posts
58823 Nibs: 254
Posted on Jul 26th 2006  -  Subject: handling bad beats
I have been playing live games for about a year now and i cant believe the number of players that i c r effected by " the tilt" Personally when i have a beat usually i will step away from the table a hand or 2 later and just take a breather or try to think about a bigger pot i won earlie that night..this is how i handle it. I am interested in hearing how other handle the situation..would love to hear ur feedback
May your pots be monsters and your cards be live
1884 Nibs: 58,944
Posted on Jul 26th 2006
dig up an old post on tilt in here......I'm sure you'll find it a good read....:) cheers.jeff
I.. am the BOOM!! in BOOMSHAKALAK!!
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on May 23rd 2007
when I get a hard beat...I am the first seconds on a very bad mood...after a while I go on and play at another table..
68632 Nibs: 1,262
Posted on May 23rd 2007
Most times i take a bad beat i replay the hand and if i did my job and got my money in with the best hand i am not bothered by it because i did what i could do.If its something stupid i did i take a break to compose myself and refocus .
68632 Nibs: 1,262
Posted on May 23rd 2007
Also if it my fault i may a few choice words for myself lol.
78466 Nibs: 1,307
Posted on May 24th 2007
i would think you would have to define your goals a bit to determine a bad beat. are you talking one hand, one session, one week , one month?. are you playing for a career, for fun, hobby, gambling addiction. i recently had a bad week, and i was tilting and ticked off. finally i realized that for me this is a hobby, i could spend $50 and go golfing, but i decided to play some poker. while golf is over in 3-4 hours, with this deposit i played hours and hours of poker. i was playing at $10 buying tables mostly and earned over 650cdpoints, thats alot of hands. if one hand is getting you that riled up, i think you need a break, go golfing instead. and think about why you are playing in the first place. i am not looking to replace my job with a poker career, i play hour by hour and thats why you invest $50 and play at a $10 table if you do lose, you have 4 more buyins.
the older i get, the better i was
Displaying #1-6 of 6 total posts

header

[close]