frustration

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-12 of 12 total posts
65858 Nibs: 12
Posted on Sep 28th 2006  -  Subject: frustration
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to overcome frustration, and stop going 'ALL IN' when it happens, Or should I just stop playing poker ,, LOL Thanks Alan
59510 Nibs: 681
Posted on Sep 28th 2006
You wont believe me, and it'll take a lot of practice, but it comes from expectation. You go into a cash game, or tournament with expectations for yourself, and when you don't meet them as fast as you'd like then it causes you to doubt yourself therefore causing the frustration. This frustration gives you a "Useless to try" feeling. So you say what do I have to lose, and the action that you don't want happens at your own hands. So in theory: Don't set such high expectations. Want alot, but don't expect alot. This leaves more room for mistakes, and bad beats without the syndrome discussed above. Also plan ahead of time what you will do in the case of bad beats, or big mistakes. When you practice that you wont make drastic moves like all ins with all of your chips. Anyway read this a couple times, and put it to good use. I guarantee if this knowledge is used properly it will help your game to some extent.
Gimme your chips or I'll beat you with a dead cat... No really, gimme your chips!
50961 Nibs: 92
Posted on Sep 28th 2006
You wont believe me, and it'll take a lot of practice, but it comes from expectation. You go into a cash game, or tournament with expectations for yourself, and when you don't meet them as fast as you'd like then it causes you to doubt yourself therefore causing the frustration. This frustration gives you a "Useless to try" feeling. So you say what do I have to lose, and the action that you don't want happens at your own hands. So in theory: Don't set such high expectations. Want alot, but don't expect alot. This leaves more room for mistakes, and bad beats without the syndrome discussed above. Also plan ahead of time what you will do in the case of bad beats, or big mistakes. When you practice that you wont make drastic moves like all ins with all of your chips. Anyway read this a couple times, and put it to good use. I guarantee if this knowledge is used properly it will help your game to some extent. WOW! Very good
When criminals in this world appear. And break the laws that they should fear. And frighten all who see or hear. The cry goes up both far and near. For Underdog!
61435 Nibs: 1,236
Posted on Sep 28th 2006
ill have to agree with that... very nice
Sniffin' out the game... one hand at a time
25629 Nibs: 1,622
Posted on Sep 29th 2006
You wont believe me, and it'll take a lot of practice, but it comes from expectation. You go into a cash game, or tournament with expectations for yourself, and when you don't meet them as fast as you'd like then it causes you to doubt yourself therefore causing the frustration. This frustration gives you a "Useless to try" feeling. So you say what do I have to lose, and the action that you don't want happens at your own hands. So in theory: Don't set such high expectations. Want alot, but don't expect alot. This leaves more room for mistakes, and bad beats without the syndrome discussed above. Also plan ahead of time what you will do in the case of bad beats, or big mistakes. When you practice that you wont make drastic moves like all ins with all of your chips. Anyway read this a couple times, and put it to good use. I guarantee if this knowledge is used properly it will help your game to some extent. Not only was that said very well--and in a way most people should be able to understand--- Its advise even those of us who have played for years--need to remind our selves of from time to time when we think its our poker skills in decline--. You made my day with your simple but true explanation. We all should read it several times in my opinion. ---skycop1947---
---skycop1947---
59510 Nibs: 681
Posted on Sep 29th 2006
Thanks guys. I appreciate the good words.
Gimme your chips or I'll beat you with a dead cat... No really, gimme your chips!
44900 Nibs: 854
Posted on Oct 27th 2006  -  Subject: bad beats
one thing i would like to say is that as u become a better player u will take even worst bad beats because u wont be playing from behind. the best thing u can do about it is to play alot and just get use to it!!! if u cant handle bad beats u might want to think about quiting poker.when i take bad beats anymore no matter how bad i just smile, say nh, and keep on keepin on! remmeber most players dont lose on bad beats they lose on bad plays after the bad beat. remmeber the old sayin,a chip and a chair is all u need : ) remmeber play the player not the cards
temujin
61974 Nibs: 2,732
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
Rule #1: Never quit at poker! Rule #2: When a bad beat comes your way, don't immediatly blame your opponent. Ask yourself "Why did I lose that hand" and don't say it was luck, becuase luck is only a little factor! Should you really have believed they had you beat, were you paying enough attention, why did you notice they were chip leaded...and so on. Rule #3: No matter how mad you get, or how much money you lose, always remember: a losing experience is still experience that you may remember when you are in the same situation again. Rule #4: If the first 3 rules haven applied to your problem go back to rule one and try again!
-------------------------------------------------------------------- I hope to break even this week. I need the money.
13612 Nibs: 96,991
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
Some pretty good advice. I like what most people have said, with that I think the most important thing to remeber is that you are playing poker and many of us play for different reasons but whatever reasons you play for you should only risk as much money as you can afford to lose. By keeping a bankroll and playing within it, when you lose a big hand it does not impact you as much because it is from winnings or is a lose that is sustainable. Furthermore, this is a skill that is developed with time just like your poker game itself, it takes time to be able to control your poker emotions and not go on tilt or to steam or anything like that. Learn what levels are suited to your bankroll, stay within those levels and time will adjust you to the bad beats and you will learn to live with it, put it in the memory bank and try to learn from it. Think about every hand you go bust on and think if there was any other possible way that you could have played the hand differently. Determine if you did everything right and got your money in when you had the best of it. If that is the case then that is all that you can do, cant fault yourself for making the right decisions, applaud yourself and get it back the next time. If you can continually make the right decisions and get your money in with the best of it then in the long run the odds are in your favour and over time you will profit. If you could have played the hand differently then remember what you could have done differently and apply those changes when the chance arises as to not make the same mistake over and over again. Minimizing mistakes and increasing your confidence in your game will decrease the times when you will go on tilt and will turn you into a winning poker player. Good Luck
Make Money, Not Friends at the Table
64633 Nibs: 410
Posted on Oct 27th 2006
Experience will bring that to your game. Live and learn mate. :)
66091 Nibs: 350
Posted on Oct 28th 2006
frustation is hand to hand to poker players....and sometimes also extreme joy (lol)
Meireles69
74710 Nibs: 2,705
Posted on May 18th 2007
Some relaxation practice hehe ;o)
Displaying #1-12 of 12 total posts

header

[close]