10,JJ How do u play them

Rate this Topic

Displaying #1-15 of 28 total posts  1 2  Next Last
32899 Nibs: 1,117
Posted on Jul 6th 2006  -  Subject: 10,JJ How do u play them
Hi always got problems with these hands.. how do u play them???? how much do u raise lets say on the button
6212 Nibs: 730
Posted on Jul 6th 2006
see what other players are doing. all limpers, raise it big 4-5x. if you are playing a sng, and depending on the # of players left at your table, and your chip stack, i think those are all in hands.
4999 Nibs: 5,498
Posted on Jul 6th 2006
If there aren't a lot of limpers, I will raise pre-flop. But then, after that, I will play cautiously with them. I will usually lead out in bet after the flop if it isn't too bad for the hand.
Andrew
12198 Nibs: 5,201
Posted on Jul 6th 2006
If there aren't a lot of limpers, I will raise pre-flop. But then, after that, I will play cautiously with them. I will usually lead out in bet after the flop if it isn't too bad for the hand. That just about does it for me. I'd go so far as to say they should be played very similar to AK, fairly aggressive pre-flop, carefully afterwards. Difference being, if someone's betting into an A flop and you've got AK that's a good thing, if you've got 10 10, it's not :-)
________________________________________________________________ Sometimes the fluffy bunny of incredulity zooms round the bend so rapidly that the greyhound of language is left, agog, in the starting cage.
41033 Nibs: 875
Posted on Jul 6th 2006  -  Subject: JJ, 10s
these hands r really bloody trouble!!!! I admit I lost JJ and 10s bad cuz I just learning how to playing it. Now Im getting mature and being very cationous with it. I had lucky with JJ few times cuz when someone raised from late position, I figure he is trying steal my blind so I reraise the limping on first position before flop. He just call and late postion reraised and I reraise to ALL IN and first position call ( I wish I never do that cuz I finally realized that first position limp his AA and late position with trash hand I have JJ the flop is J/x/x/x/x Im really lucky this time. at different game, I also reraise with 4 or 5 time of my big blind.... two caller the flop is 10/10/ x ...I checked, next guy ALL IN I figure he got 10 ...2 player called, I think so hard... and I decide to gambling this one... I hit fullhouse on river.. AGAIN, I am lucky on this hand. reatily, JJ is terrible hand in No Limit. U gotta be careful with it and dont follow me. I was gambling on this one and luck. In fact, I would have lost whole money on that if I dont hit them. It also depend on position..If u r in middle and early postion limp, (usually hold good hand) I would reraise to feel them if someone over me, I might will fold or call depend how much it is in the pot. again, it is tough decision. GOOD LUCK
52400 Nibs: 1,833
Posted on Jul 8th 2006
medium pocket pairs are the hardest hands to play in NLHE. Raise preflop about 80% of the time and bet fairly aggressively post-flop even if an overcard flops. If you meet good reisitance, let it go.
15919 Nibs: 272
Posted on Jul 8th 2006
Check your position in the table and the anotehrs players first
Gustavo - Poker Player
9718 Nibs: 15,119
Posted on Jul 8th 2006  -  Subject: middlepairs
i feel quite strongly about this so here goes, For tournaments jj and to a lesser extent 1010 are monster hands where i like to get commited preflop unless there has already been a raise and a reraise for instance. Of course u'll end up paying off all sorts of hands if you get a call but in the long run it will play out just fine. For a cash game i use totally dif strategy. Id much rather play the hand post-flop in a cash game ie small raise or a limp. this way you're fine to call any reasonable raise and so will get the chance to bust aa/kk if you hit your set. If you raise too strongly with this hand you will fold to or have to suck out against the premium hands when you get reraised all in or whatever. If you end up playing a multiway unraised pot your more likely to get your overpair paid off by top pair than if you played the hand aggressively. If you raised preflop and are in against decent players with the overpair - if you get action you're probably beat. This kind of strategy requires really good postflop play because you end up in a lot of 50% situations against people drawing to straights and fliushes with overcards but if you can stay out of trouble if it flops bad or a bad turn card falls, use good judgement and use these hands to break people. ps i guess im only really talking about jj and maybe play 10s and qs this way, i dont like 99 so much and group with 6s7s8s
28512 Nibs: 61
Posted on Jul 8th 2006
10 or jacks in tournaments i usually will just call in bad position, but in late position in an unraised pot preflop, you have to play them like theyre aces. the reason i say this is because if there is two raises behind you when you just limped in, you know your beat and can let it go, but if you raise it from late you almost always will be the best hand preflop. and if you do flop a set your hand is desguised very well. just a little tip from a pro!
25654 Nibs: 6
Posted on Jul 8th 2006
Personally I tend to tread lightly if I can. If I have to make a big call it would depend on who Im going against. Does this person raise a lot of hands or can this person put me out? These questions sway my decision to at least see the flop. Been burned to many times just b4 the money with these hands. Now if your a big stack these hands are good blind and ante stealers, but if your called its almost always a race.
25133 Nibs: 34,067
Posted on Jul 11th 2006
the heck with all that,,push hard with them 10's or jack's,,put people to the test preflop,,when i say raise i mean RAISE HARD!You will see unless sum1 esle has a high poc pair or like A-K you wont get a call or maybe 1,,but hey even if all u get is the blinds its better to win a small pot then to lose a big 1
1884 Nibs: 58,944
Posted on Jul 11th 2006
If there's a BIG raise before I act..I fold either of those hands with little or no regrets...cheers ..jeff
I.. am the BOOM!! in BOOMSHAKALAK!!
35829 Nibs: 424
Posted on Jul 11th 2006
This are the kind of hands i really like to play. They can give you a big challange, and thats what I love if I make the right decitions! But they may bust you big too.. Thats not too big of a problem for me no more, cuz ive learned to just throw them if somone goes over the top of me on a scary flop e.g I playd a sng a few weeks ago and I got dealt pocket jacks under the gun. There were 5 or 6 players remaining, dont quite remember. Well, I made a bet 4 x the BB . Everyone folded to one person that came over the top of me with a bet of 3 x my bet i think, and i called. Then the flop came.. It was only low cards rainbow, and i sat with an over pair. I made a bet, 4 x the BB i think. He came over the top of me again, and pushed all-in!.. Preflop I thought when he reraised I was in for a 50/50 or worst a 20/80 if he had a overpair like QQ, KK or AA! But i made the call preflop, figuring he had AKos. But whem the flop came, and he came over the top of me again.. I didnt think he would do that with AK! If he had just called me I still would have guessed he sat on AK. But after thats rais..Hmm! He may had flopped a set, but the board wah only 8 high, and i didnt think he would make such a rais preflop with pp 88-22!? And I wasright about that one! ..I was too curious of his hand, and made the call all-in! And it was a bad mistake! He sat on pocket queens.. pocket queens! I had to nail a jack on the turn or river, but i didnt, fair and square. There is one thing I like about this hand i playd though, I am now better at reading different players at different situations, I was just too greedy back then, and I shouldnt have been. Patience is the key guys and girls, patience for sure! :) Dont go make stupid calls and risk all your chips as I did! Wait for the right hands to come, so you know you can nail the other players :) My call wasen too obvious a bad call, but I personaly think I should have playd it a bit differantly, and layd it down! :)
- See you at the tables, ill probably be the one with all your chips! ;)
59510 Nibs: 681
Posted on Jul 11th 2006
I don't think there is ever a set way to play a certain hand. Of course all hands should be played differently in each situation. These hands can be deadly both ways though. You first and formost have the 8.5:1 chances of hitting trips on the river. You also have the possibility that your opponent doesn't hit. Even against AK, AQ, KQ, J10, ect... 1010, or JJ is absolutely dominant when the big hands don't hit. Anyway just try to read the situation. Play aggressive, but know when you're beat.
Gimme your chips or I'll beat you with a dead cat... No really, gimme your chips!
60338 Nibs: 1,622
Posted on Jul 12th 2006
It seems like this is a question which has a much more complex answer. There are more variables then just raizing when you get 1010 or JJ. How many people are playing, how much do you have in chips. How have the other players been playing? are you in a tourney? I usaually make sure that I am called when I have this kind of hand thus I wouldn't bet to high to have everyone fold. I'll usaually see what everyone else is doing first.
Displaying #1-15 of 28 total posts  1 2  Next Last

header

[close]